Any ideas what this is?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Old man digger

Reaction score
I tried the link, and it says URL not found/error or something along those lines. That first lead Museum Mysteries and Murder Bottles was a good one. I dug out my other nursing bottle and here are two photos of it. I guess with the bacteria and the mom's inattentive care, plus giving their children doses of opium to calm them down, was a good reason for 8 out of 10 children dying during the Victorian Period...!!! OMDView attachment 233814View attachment 233815
This is called "Babys' Delight" more like Babys' going to croak!!!! OMD

Reactions: Csa

Deloris

Reaction score
Yes, here are two photos. One from the front and a side view. I have another baby bottle with a photo embossed on it that show a child sitting upright and some kind of hose going from the bottle to its mouth. It's weird and as soon as I can find where I put it I will post a picture of that one too.View attachment 233805View attachment 233806
Omg! That’s awesome !
Where did you find it, out of curiosity? If it’s a secret honey hole I will understand you not answering.
Thanks for sharing!
Deloris

Deloris

Reaction score
There is an image of this bottle online on Pinterest of all places. Seems to have come from a site bottlebooks.com. Can’t find any history or back story though. View attachment 233813
Hi!
Well it looks as if there’s 3 now!
Thank you for taking the time to help look into these crazy looking bottles.
Again thank you,
Deloris

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
I also have one in my figural collection. Mine has the same purple tint that yours seems to. I bought mine at a show years ago.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
More likely a w-i-n-e if it has a baby on it. Further, if it wasn't Moses In The Bull Rushes it was his brother, Lou. Lou Reed! :)

Nice find Deloris. Congrats.

Reactions: Roy

Deloris

Reaction score
I also have one in my figural collection. Mine has the same purple tint that yours seems to. I bought mine at a show years ago.
Hi!
That’s just awesome!
Mind if I ask if you got any information on it from the person you got it from?
Thanks again for sharing.
Deloris

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Interesting figural bottle, but I don't think it's a nurser.
This one is not figured in AMERICAN PRESSED GLASS AND FIGURE BOTTLES (1970) by Albert Christian Revi, but the lip is similar to many other figurals that are listed. The listings are based on U.S. patents, so this baby figural may not be American-made. For example, many interesting figural bottles were produced in France.

Reactions: Csa

Old man digger

Reaction score
Omg! That’s awesome !
Where did you find it, out of curiosity? If it’s a secret honey hole I will understand you not answering.
Thanks for sharing!
Deloris
Deloris, sorry about taking so long to respond, I was down sick. And my secret honey hole was a yard sale!!! The person knew what they had and the price was appropriate at $65.00 at least in my wallets opinion...OMD

Digger 57

Reaction score
This is so very interesting and I have to say thank you for your help. I believe that I could become addicted to this! I’ve seen so many unusual things on this site.
Thank you
This is an excellent site .fellow collectors are the smartest. Excellent bottle .

Reactions: Roy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu