Any info on this bottle???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
It came out of the privy I dug... "Heekin's White Cap Extracts" It's blown glass with a smooth base and the seam stops about half way up the neck. Right at 5 inches tall, but VERY thin!!! So tall and thin that I'm afraid to leave it standing up!!! Anyone got one of these or know anything about them??? Chris
P.S. If you haven't seen it, I dug my first privy on Friday!!! There is a post in Digging and Finding...

Nl29295.jpg

Attachments

• Nl29295.jpg
    Nl29295.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 114

bottlejunkie

Reaction score
I don't know any info on it, but it's a neat bottle! you got some decent finds for your first privy dig[:)]...................one down, 100's to go!!

C.KYbottlejunkie

Pettydigger

Reaction score
Clear extracts usually don't carry much value but I can't find it listed in my guides. It may be local to your area. What really matters is you dug it and it's a cool lookin bottle no matter what the value is. Looking at the neck I'd say age is prolly late 1880's up to turn of century. Privy digging is the shit, ain't it lexdigger. no pun intended! Keep us posted on your new finds.[:D]
Pettydigger

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks Pettydigger. I'd just like to find out any info I can on it... like you said, it is neat to me cause I dug it! It's different than any of the other bottles I've found. I wish I had more time to devote to digging bottles!!! I've got permission at ALOT of houses, but not enough time to find and dig the goodies! I'll get to them eventually and let you all know what I find. Any advice on finding privies in yards with grass in them??? Thanks, Chris

Lordbud

Reaction score
There are several extract bottles in this same general shape from San Francisco druggists
and wholesale grocers. I have a box of various SF extracts that I paid anywhere from $5
to $20 depending on rarity.
Your bottle will likely have more value to a collector who specializes in your local area
bottles.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp