any michiganders recognize the citrate in the pic???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
got these two bottles today. the one i inquire about is the SCHOTTS CENTRAL DRUG STORE SAGINAW MICH. never seen or heard of one and it is identical in size and shape to a citrate of magnesia bottle leading me to believe it is just that. As a saginaw collector and researcher, this is one ive never stumbled across, not even the name is ringing a bell. any info is appreciated.
nic

A426B8F094024B8EA73A42C45842A6C4.jpg

Attachments

• A426B8F094024B8EA73A42C45842A6C4.jpg
    A426B8F094024B8EA73A42C45842A6C4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 58

Jim

Reaction score
I can't offer much, other than that you are correct, it's a citrate bottle. Generally, they are a lot harder to find than standard druggist bottles from the same pharmacy. Most pharmacies used generic citrate bottles and never had them proprietary-embossed. Good score, a proprietary citrate is one of the coolest things for a local collector to find.

I have only one proprietary citrate from my town, and it's the only one anyone has ever seen (at least in our time [;)] ) Damn thing is cracked all the way down the back, but I love it. At least the crack missed the slug plate. I hope to find another one some day, minus the crack, but I'm not counting on it. ~Jim

PS- I found some more info for you. Adolph A. Schott was listed as a druggist at 615 Jefferson St. in Saginaw in the early 1900s. That's probably your citrate guy.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I tried to search google books but came up with very little so that will help in my further research. I love the style and shape. I can't remember ever digging a druggist that says central drug store Saginaw and I've dug quite a few. I will continue research and advise on what I find. Thanks jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis