Any Ohio privy diggers?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I have recently found two stone lined privies. The property belongs to an Amishman and he last lived there for 30 years. I'm almost positive the they haven't been dug. Only problem is the privies are located in the woods and it's about a 3 mile hike. I would have no idea how to get my tools and things back there, let alone bring any bottles back. I was just wondering if anybody had any tips with digging stone liners or anything that might help? I forgot to mention I was walking around the old house foundation and found a fire grenade, COOL! [:D]

madman

Reaction score
hello digger b i dig privys, and i live in ohio, im going to visit my father at the end of the month, he lives in knoxville maybe i could stop by and help you out??

appliedlips

Reaction score
Bryan,

I am a privy digger from the Columbus area.Dig in many areas of the state,however.As far as getting tools back there it won't be hard.Put a 3 prong scratcher and a pruning sawing in a bucket with 1/2 " or larger rope tied to the handle,at least 15 ft. of rope.Then just carry a regular shovel,these are all the tools that will be needed.Wear a back pack to help haul bottles out.Where do you live in Ohio?

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the tips. I live in Ashland about and hour and 15 min from Columbus. I'm not sure where Knoxville is at.

appliedlips

Reaction score
If you ever need a hand or want to learn a little more about digging privies give me a hollar.Always like digging other cities and meeting new people.Good luck on the dig.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide