Any other 20 year old dump diggers out there? Here's what I'm diggin':

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cadburys

Reaction score
Hi Plumbata,

I know you.... I met you at the Pekin bottle show. I was the English guy from Bloomington who had dug that unlisted peoria drugstore. If you ever want to dig in the spring there are some great places I know of near where we live. Check out http://privydigging.com

You have some nice finds there, but we both need to get into some earlier pits and show some good old mid western killer pontils on the forum

Ant

California Dream N

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Stephen. Some very nice bottles and your age is a plus..Look at all the years you have left to dig..lol.... From someone born in 1949 and digging since the 60's in Ca. I can tell you the stuff wasn't just laying on top of the ground even then...I agree that the snobbiness in some people does come out on this site occassionally but just ignore it and enjoy all of the rest of the "good" people you will meet on here. After all you are the next generation of collectors!!..Again... Welcome and Good digging..Norene

kastoo

Reaction score
Wow - Great stuff...I heard the one to dig is the Pana IL SS.

Here's a graphic for Lobey..

F64EDC5A68B24C4B883953EF804E2030.gif

Attachments

• F64EDC5A68B24C4B883953EF804E2030.gif
    F64EDC5A68B24C4B883953EF804E2030.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 89

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Wow, great first posts, you've got some real nice bottles and other stuff. There are many twenty somethings on here that are arguably amoung the best diggers out there. There's also teen diggers and many old farts that started when you did and are still digging. Keep enjoying the hobby and posting!

caldigs

Reaction score
Keep diggign !!!! You are right, there are few diggers under 30 years of age. I'm 24 and dig California and know of 5 other diggers in CA between the ages of 21 and 28. Let me know if you every dig any CA bottles. Andrew

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
Great post Stephen and welcome. Im 21 years old and I dug dumps for about 5-6 years until I started my quest to dig all the privy pits in the mid-atlantic states 2 years ago. My main interest is in Philadelphia stuff...mostly pre civil war era bottles and pottery. My brother likes to dig in dumps and he lives in Pekin Illinois which I think is very local to you. I showed him how to find privys last time he was in my time zone so maybe you guys can start a new quest to dig all the holes in the midwest if Doug doesnt beat you to it.

hey applelips, line em up.

Matt

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Eccellent Digging! Keep up the good work too!

Unfortunately I didn't start my digging until I was 38 but better late than never.

Congrats!

kozmothewonderdog

Reaction score
Great pics, awesome dump, and dig as much as you can, while you can! I got a late start (about 32), and family, work, and other obligations limit my dig time significantly. Not sure how many Chicago druggist bottles you find, but I'm looking for at least pics of the one described in this thread. Judging by the illustration in the old ad I found, it's possible (likely?) that the bottles themselves were unembossed, with the name only being on the label. In any case, if you stumble across a Chicago Chiles bottle, please let me know.

Thanks!
- Al

hemihampton

Reaction score
Great first post & find. I can tell you a little about that green Schroeder's beer bottle. The BWBC stood for Berliner Weiss Beer Company or Schroeders Berliner Weiss Beer Co. Located 1013 Paul St & operated from 1890 to 1917. Before that just called J. Schroeder at 834 Chouteau Ave. City Brewery or Bottling of Peoria was also known as Huber & Rauschkolb & Operated 1849 to possibly 1874. In 1874 changed name to J.Huber & Son. Hope this helps? LEON.

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
nice stuff great pictures . digging in the winter is safer then spring . . i try to let someone know if i go alone where i am going. i have been buried up to my waist before it was not fun

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen