ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS EXTREMELY RARE BOTTLE CINCINNATI 1876 ROOT BEER JOHN HELMKE MONROE ST NY LARGE BLOB TOP BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zack3303

Reaction score

opmustard

Reaction score
No, never owned one, but I met a collector at the Rochester Show that had a nice collection of those type of root beers. Yes, he had a John Helmke. I admitt I was drooling at his root beers.
opmustard

zack3303

Reaction score
Thank You you are the first I have found that has heard on one. Seems quite strange for a Lower East Side Bottler Selling Cincinnati Root Beet

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
IT is currently up on ebay but was wondering if anyone has ever come across this bottle .

Embossed

EMBOSSED
CINCINNATI 1876 ROOT BEER (one side)
JOHN HELMKE 32 MONROE ST NEW YORK

It is from the lower east side in New York City

the link to the auction can be found here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/174633461146View attachment 218869View attachment 218875
Yes. I live across the river in N.J. found one years ago in the Meadowlands. Didn't run into one since.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

yacorie

Reaction score
Yes. I live across the river in N.J. found one years ago in the Meadowlands. Didn't run into one since.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Digging in the meadowlands? You’ve got guts. I’ve done a lot of work down there and the soils are some of the worst on the planet.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Digging in the meadowlands? You’ve got guts. I’ve done a lot of work down there and the soils are some of the worst on the planet.
We used to go all over the place. There were trails in the weeds is what we called them. Used to have parties alot. We were young kids. Drinking, etc. We used to built rafts out of anything that would float. We would race each other up and down the channels. A regular Tom Sawyer memory . Back to the bottles, Still lots of places to look. Soil is super contaminated. My brother is an environmental scientist and he worries about me all the time. Especially when they have some liquid still in them.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

yacorie

Reaction score
Yea I hear you. We used to do a lot of work both for the EPa ans on the industry side. Only place I’ve ever seen actual blue soils. There were bottles around back then but we were never allowed to take anything no matter how hard we tried

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Yea I hear you. We used to do a lot of work both for the EPa ans on the industry side. Only place I’ve ever seen actual blue soils. There were bottles around back then but we were never allowed to take anything no matter how hard we tried
Blue! That is a first for me. Heritage House i tiled one time had piles of dirt in the backyard. It was bottle after bottle, meds, Thomas Edison light bulbs, etc. I could not believe how much I wanted to look through it. This house was stupid old 1700's. Washington probably slept there! I have a chance to dig in Brooklyn, NY. My buddy is on an old site. Lots of 3pc brown beer bottles so far. ARNAS embossed on the bottom. Gotta go help him this weekend. Lot of stuff got destroyed by the demo of the old building and excavating the basement. It would be nice to visit the old neighborhood. I'm afraid I won't recognize it, thing change so fast.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown