Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Anyone from Canada know what this painted stamp is on metal ???.

TreelineDigger

Jun 3, 2020
I saw an old piece of metal lying buried in one of the old farm site dumps I frequent for bottles . I was just wondering if anyone knows what this seal means ?. Is it an old Canadian Import/Export stamp ?. It is about 10 x 10 “ inches or so painted or stamped on . I cut the piece off the larger sheet metal and am going to keep it .

Attachments

embe

Jul 14, 2019
It's been a while since I looked at any stamps but the first one that came to mind.

What did the rest of the metal look like (what do you think it was used for?)

TreelineDigger

Jun 3, 2020
It's been a while since I looked at any stamps but the first one that came to mind.

What did the rest of the metal look like (what do you think it was used for?)
It was a huge curved piece of sheet metal , lying with other metal. It was from an old farm site ...so who knows . Maybe it was some type of metal box that contained seeds or wheat or something used on a farm ?... must have contained something that could be shipped since it contained a painted on stamp with the country , or it was manufactured in Canada .

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
I'm not sure why it would be marked with the queen , never really seen that before , not sure if its queen Elizabeth or Victoria but based on age of metal would lean more Elizabeth unless the dump is really old

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C05T4