Anyone in East Texas area?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texcanman

Reaction score
I’ve located a dump in Corsicana, only dug a few test holes, limited time to explore there. Plan on going back at some point, maybe in the Fall.
McKinney has a dump that has been hit pretty hard. I’ve dated bottles from early 40s, although I’m sure there where some straight sides Cokes and hutch bottles at a one time.
Let me know if u want more details on locations.

sp8mark

Reaction score
I’ve located a dump in Corsicana, only dug a few test holes, limited time to explore there. Plan on going back at some point, maybe in the Fall.
McKinney has a dump that has been hit pretty hard. I’ve dated bottles from early 40s, although I’m sure there where some straight sides Cokes and hutch bottles at a one time.
Let me know if u want more details on locations.
Can you point towards the Corsicana site? McKinney is further north. The ghost towns aren't as rewarding for artifacts, a one-man grave/burial site at Turpentine. But, these sites are famous, with high foot traffic or private land.

texcanman

Reaction score
Can you point towards the Corsicana site? McKinney is further north. The ghost towns aren't as rewarding for artifacts, a one-man grave/burial site at Turpentine. But, these sites are famous, with high foot traffic or private land.
Let me search the map and I will get back to you. I think I actually deleted the pin. I’ll send some photos as well...might be tomorrow...

texcanman

Reaction score
Dump is located north, northwest of downtown Corsicana, across the street from the Woodland Cemetery at 501 Bunert Road. Property is adjacent to Post Oak Creek. Old building (see photo) is the landmark to look for, must have been a maintenance shop at one time. It has a walk out basement with modern trash strewn about. Look west of the building towards the creek. Last time I was there was early March, and very apparent a bulldozer leveled the land. I was short on time, but dug a few test holes near the creek. Found a few bottles and shards, I guesstimate 40s - 50s (see photos). Didn't see any signs posted, so don't believe it is private land. Let me know if you find anything. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_5640.jpg
    IMG_5640.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 143
  • fullsizeoutput_60c4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_60c4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
  • fullsizeoutput_60c6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_60c6.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 147
  • fullsizeoutput_60c8.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_60c8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 141

sp8mark

Reaction score
Dump is located north, northwest of downtown Corsicana, across the street from the Woodland Cemetery at 501 Bunert Road. Property is adjacent to Post Oak Creek. Old building (see photo) is the landmark to look for, must have been a maintenance shop at one time. It has a walk out basement with modern trash strewn about. Look west of the building towards the creek. Last time I was there was early March, and very apparent a bulldozer leveled the land. I was short on time, but dug a few test holes near the creek. Found a few bottles and shards, I guesstimate 40s - 50s (see photos). Didn't see any signs posted, so don't believe it is private land. Let me know if you find anything. Good luck!
Thank you! I found a lot of the Price's flavoring bottles at OakCliff

zsmith333

Photographer, bottle hunter, dad.
Reaction score
Im in east texas! Nacogdoches to be precise. Looking for people to dig with at older sites and creeks. So far I have only found 20s-50s stuff in town.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum