anyone know anything about old store marked food cans ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
i noticed a couple are set to appear in a local auction , there from a really small town north of where i live . not sure how old they are exactly , there metal food cans for things like flour or baking powder but feature no name brands and have paper labels

but on the back there marked as being from that town , and give the name on an old store that once existed there years ago , i think they each have different store names on the back but same town . since i'm not familar with that area not sure when those stores would of closed but thinking a long time ago .

appeared to be really old , i can't even recall seeing anything similar , but thinking they must be pre 1920's if not even earlier .

can post some pictures of them in a couple days when they are listed online but don't have any now

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
i noticed a couple are set to appear in a local auction , there from a really small town north of where i live . not sure how old they are exactly , there metal food cans for things like flour or baking powder but feature no name brands and have paper labels

but on the back there marked as being from that town , and give the name on an old store that once existed there years ago , i think they each have different store names on the back but same town . since i'm not familar with that area not sure when those stores would of closed but thinking a long time ago .

appeared to be really old , i can't even recall seeing anything similar , but thinking they must be pre 1920's if not even earlier .

can post some pictures of them in a couple days when they are listed online but don't have any now
Pictures will help.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RCO

Reaction score
Pictures will help.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

they just appeared online , it appears there tin cans with paper labels on them

are brands on them - Perfect Baking Powder , Maple Leaf Baking Powder and Thistle Brand baking Powder and are marked on back as being from stores in that area ( Magnetawan and Burks Falls ) , Magnetawan a very small town on a lake , been there for a while as an old road passed thru it that lead up north

tried searching them on google and came back with nothing

magnetawancans1.png
magnetawancans.jpg
magnetawancans2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu