Anywhere besides ebay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

INSULATORBOTTLE

Reaction score
Hi fellow collectors. Ebay is taking about 20% these days. Any suggestions on where else I can sell bottles? I just aquired a good collection and am weighing my options. Thanks
Dave

webe992

Reaction score
I've seen bottles for sale on Etsy? If you are on Facebook you can find a bottle group (there are many) and sell directly to people that way as well.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
here can work well and is free. why not try
Etsy can be good depending on what it is and cheap to list.
facebook be very careful, I have seen more scams on there than any of the forums I deal with combined over a lifetime. better ro be the seller there than the buyer

webe992

Reaction score
texkev makes a great point. Share some photos here and I'm sure you will find some interested buyers.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I sold my Green Orange Crush in here in advertise/for sale category for $150 so it does work. Another BAD thing about ebay, is some people don't know it, but be prepared to get the shock of your life when ebay sends you a 1099 IRS Income Tax Form to fill out this coming January. LEON. :mad::mad::oops:o_O

1morepoison

Reaction score
Hi fellow collectors. Ebay is taking about 20% these days. Any suggestions on where else I can sell bottles? I just aquired a good collection and am weighing my options. Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave, I collect poison bottles and always looking to buy or trade for more I don't have yet. If you have any poison bottles available please let me know. Thankyou, David Jennings

1morepoison

Reaction score
Dave
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that folks are selling bottles (old or new) on a site called Etsy.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Dave
I always ask my friends 1st. As we develop friendships with other collectors, we should get to know them and part of that is what they collect. That's not going to happen overnight, but it won't ever happen if you don't make the attempt to be a friend.
Fa(r)ceBook is a good place to sell bottles too. There are several venues and groups that allow the selling of bottles. The formats can vary i.e.:
A: DOND (Deal Or No Deal) where an item is listed, and other group members make offers, and the seller accepts (Deal) or rejects (No Deal) the offers.
B: Another format is a 24-hour type of auction, an item is listed, and bids are made. As each higher bid is made the 24-hour time limit resets to whenever the highest bid is made. At the end of the 24-hour period following the last highest bid the auction is over and the seller has to complete the sale with that successful bidder.
C: Also, on some group's bottles can be sold for a set price. Be sure to look at each groups policy on selling before making a post in any of them.
All of these have their positive and negatives but seem to work very well.
There are also the Etsy, Pinterest, icollect247.com, rubylane.com and many more. All these do have fees associated with them.
Good luck and let's see what you're selling first.

timeandabottle

Reaction score
I sold my Green Orange Crush in here in advertise/for sale category for $150 so it does work. Another BAD thing about ebay, is some people don't know it, but be prepared to get the shock of your life when ebay sends you a 1099 IRS Income Tax Form to fill out this coming January. LEON. :mad::mad::oops:o_O
That’s true for any web based site isn’t it? Does that apply to auction houses also? I have some expensive bottles I want to sell and I’m thinking the auction houses but I’ve never sold one there.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Ebay was tax free for like the first 20 Years, I'm surprised it took the IRS Taxman man or the Government 20 Years to figure out how to get ebay to pay taxes. If all the rich Billionaire's paid there fair share of taxes maybe they wouldn't be going after ebay to get more money? uhh ohhh,, don't want to turn this political.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown