Aqua Blue and I am new

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Thrillseeker

Reaction score
Dumpdiver said:
Hey Mark, Those rust stains on the bulbed end might have been from a wire /metal base that rusted off. The bulb would have traped the sedements in the wine. Shootin from the hip... Don
I was thinking the same thing about those stains too. I wish dad was still here so I could ask him some questions about when he found it. I have a serious curiousity problem. LOL

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Perhaps the cap also served as a base?
Good thinking and some candy containers were made that way. The cap was the base and glass could be shaped like a cat or whatever. The wide opening is why I was also thinking candy. There are some good books on them but I don't have one... yet. Maybe it's time.

Thrillseeker

Reaction score
The opening is only about an inch or so across so I thought it would have been for liquids.

beendiggin

Reaction score
I think that the cap as a base theory is on target. Plus the wide mouth makes sense for candy. Have no idea what it is supposed to represent....maybe a fancy cannon?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
All of proving starts with a theory.I thought a cannon also, then a pine cone but it really like both and neither. X-mas ornaments did have swirls like that, at least some that I remember did.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I had a thought. Suppose it hangs from a wire, and had a screw on tray-type base, so it could hang as a hummingbird feeder.

Irina

Reaction score
maybe it's funny, but to me it looks like insulator

Xaquin

Reaction score
MichaelFla said:
I had a thought. Suppose it hangs from a wire, and had a screw on tray-type base, so it could hang as a hummingbird feeder.

I could see this 100%

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Early automobiles frequently catered to those with finer sensibilities, i.e. women of a certain class and culture. What you have here is a flower vase that was mounted on the wall of an early enclosed cab sedan car, circa 1905-1914 (prior to World War One). A little research could narrow the manufacturer down but be aware that in this same time-frame, it was a veritable free-for-all in the manufacture of horseless carriages.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu