Arabian Milk-Cure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
First some pics, than some info. STEWART D HOWE'S/ARABIAN/ MILK-CURE//FOR CONSUMPTION//NEW YORK
Arabianfront.jpg

Arabianside.jpg

Arabian%20lip.jpg

From Oct, 21, 1875 ad
THE MOST WONDERFUL DISCOVERY OF THE 19TH CENTURY.- Dr. S.D.Howe's Arabian Milk-Cure, for Consunption and Diseases of the Throat, Chest and Lungs. The only medicine of the world. A substitute for Cod Liver Oil. Permanently cures Asthma, Bronchitis, Insipient Consumption, Night Sweats, Loss of Voice, Shortness of breath, Catarrh, Croup, Coughs, colds, etc. Also, Dr S. D. Howe's Arabian Tonic Blood Purifier, which differs from all other preparations in the immidiate action upon the Liver, Kidneys and Blood. It is a purely vegetable, cleanses the system of all impurities, builds it right square up, and makes Pure. Rich Blood. It cures Scrofulous Diseases of all kinds, removes Constipation and regutates the bowels. For "Nervous Debility", "Lost Vitality", "Urinary Diseases" and "Broken Down Constitutions," I "challenge the 19th century" to produce it's equal. Every bottle is worth it's weight in gold. Price $1.00 per bottle. Also, Dr. S.D. Howe's Arabian "Sugar Coated" Pills. They cleanse the Liver and Stomach thouroghly, remove Constipation; contain no calome???? or any other injurous ingediants, and act quickly upon these organs, without producing pain or weakness, Price 25 cents per box.
Dr. S.D. Howe, prop'r
161 Chambers St., New York.
Sold by FURBECK & VAN AUKEN, Druggists.
Sole Agents, Gloversville, N.Y.

The bad news is the ¼" lip chip as shown. Undug and you get to clean the content gunk in the bottom. Asking (just asking) $30+ actual shipping from 01719.

84957C56520C4530B44D1C2BD9B1C9BE.jpg

Attachments

• 84957C56520C4530B44D1C2BD9B1C9BE.jpg
    84957C56520C4530B44D1C2BD9B1C9BE.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 68

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think the calom??? is calomel or mercury chloride.
Also the bottle is about 7½" tall. The bottle should date around 1875-80. Here's the base.
Arabianbase.jpg

Arabianotherside.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Just some more probably unreliable internet info (except the ABN one).
Dr, Howe started in Cincinatti, Ohio selling medicine within the shaker community if I'm right and the info I found is also right. He made bitters, sarsaparillas and many other meds even though he wasn't a Shaker himself. SOME HERE
Author: Howe, Stewart D. and Company.
Title: Dr. S. D. Howe's Shaker Extract Compound Extract Sarsaparilla in Quart Bottles.
Imprint: Cincinnati: [No Publisher], 185-. HERE

HERE

HERE too

$25 +. I only ask separate shipping because there's a $3-5 difference between coasts.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I cleaned the gunk, what a job, that stuff was nasty. FYI, muriatic doesn't touch it.
$20+ now and it shines.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis