Arcata/Eureka California.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lily_fn_white

Reaction score
Hey yall! Just moved to Arcata/Eureka area from New England. I dont figure there will be any bottle diggers in this region, let alone many spots, but I figured it can't hurt to throw some feelers out there. Ive been researching old mills/mining camps out here and havent hadnt any luck thus far. Not opposed to meeting up with people 3-5 hrs away either! Missing finding dumps every other week in New England, le sigh.

greendirt330

Reaction score
I imagine obtaining permission to access property there will be harder than the East coast , especially in that specific area. Be very careful and good luck !

Drift

Reaction score
Careful if you come across an illegal grow op. I've spent some time around Humboldt County and it can be a little dangerous exploring there.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hey yall! Just moved to Arcata/Eureka area from New England. I dont figure there will be any bottle diggers in this region, let alone many spots, but I figured it can't hurt to throw some feelers out there. Ive been researching old mills/mining camps out here and havent hadnt any luck thus far. Not opposed to meeting up with people 3-5 hrs away either! Missing finding dumps every other week in New England, le sigh.
That's too bad. My brother was in Aliso Viejo, California for a couple years. That's down by Mexico. I searched around the area but came up with nothing. I did not know the area. I live in north Jersey and your right about the endless opportunities as far as dig sites. It might take some time to meet someone in your area. My suggestion would be to join a local club. Make some friends. I don't know of anyone that feels comfortable telling people where they dig. Just be patient. I never got invited to dig with anyone other than Dewey. Everything I have and found walking around the woods, streambanks, and roadways. California is really nice. Good luck lily.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora