Are Insulators like coins ? printing error?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dumpicker

Reaction score
This Brookfield 00 has a misprinted F and top marks are overprinted. If a coin is missprinted like that it can be a premium coin, does this error on the insulator make it more collectable ?

Attachments

• backwards 7.jpg
    backwards 7.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 109
  • brookfield top.jpg
    brookfield top.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 88

nydigger

Reaction score
This Brookfield 00 has a misprinted F and top marks are overprinted. If a coin is missprinted like that it can be a premium coin, does this error on the insulator make it more collectable ?
Not usually unless its an uncommon or rare insulator. Super common ones like yours pictured it wont really make any difference in collectibility or monetary value.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Misspellings can make them more collectible, but yours looks more like it's just a mold that wasn't quite filled properly. And I think the double-printing on the top is very common, I know I've got at least one like that and I don't even really collect insulators. Insulators especially seem to have been items where aesthetic quality control wasn't very high on their priority list, which makes sense since they were only ever intended to be looked at closely by the person installing them.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
It happens, found a bottle once where the name of the company looked different from what I remembered. Looked at it more closely and turned out they put one of the letters in the name upside-down so instead of being an 'r' it appeared as an 'L'. It's probably worth more like an error coin.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp