Are private sale of high end bottles taxed?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
For a whole year I kept track of everything I sold, deducted booth rent, travel expenses etc. At the end the year I had cleared a bit over $500 for my efforts. Would have been better to have a yard sale. I don't keep track any longer and I didn't pay tax on the earnings as I had not even accounted for my time. It's just hobby and I have never found such a bottle as you describe. If I did I would keep it anyway. I can get a job and earn money. Rare bottles don't grow on trees so the question is sort of moot.

Bohdan

Reaction score
What do you think? Your not tax exempt are you? It's up to you. The government probably won't go after you for one sale. I always have and always will pay my taxes. You can always start a bottle selling business. Everything you do is tax deductible. Your vehicle, gas, maintenance on vehicle, Materials, storage, workers salaries, entertainment ( taking clients out to eat), etc... hell, even your clothes if you have your name embroidered on them are a write off. I have had my tile business for over 35 years and this is how we role here in the USA!
ROBBYBOBBY64.
USA! USA! USA! USa. Usa. usa... gimmeeabreak.

K6TIM

Reaction score
Just thought of this question. Say I'm digging and I pop up a dark red John Ryan. Perfect condition. I hop on the forum to offer it up and one of you fine folks messages me and offers me 20 gs. Would the government want a chunk of the change?
If you sold a bottle for 20 thousand it is considered income,and you have to report it the both state,&federal income.Most likely the FEDS wouldn't know about as it would not be reported on any W2 form by you,but if it were a business not private then you have to report it as income!
K6TIM

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky