Are some places just not worth it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Hey NTT,
As a starter I'd try carrying a lot less ammo and only shooting if you have to. Too difficult to cold turkey? Maybe shoot every other time out for awhile.
That's me, might be hard at first for anyone. Good luck with it.
Lol. I carry 5 extra mags, and usually a small bag of ammo in a waterproof pouch inside my pack.

Generally I show wonderful restraint (I make myself proud!), but depending on the day, situation and location, sometimes I give in...

I just need to start carrying target ammo, and not spendy defensive ($.75‐$1.50 each time to go bang)..

Though I do like being prepared for an army of bears/cougars, or a "Deliverance" type situation!

My fear is, if I start carrying target/practice ammo, I will end up shooting a whole lot more (i rarely pack an AR for that reason).

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Ok NTT,
I always wanted a heavy machine gun position in the bed of my truck but I somehow subdued that 2nd Adm. demon and decided the bottle collection was the better path.*-- Here is an off the cuff idea that could be an intermediate step--how about finding bots that you can sell so the better ammo costs don't shoot you in the wallet? Hmmm. That might be just crazy enough to work. In any case, try slowly increasing your restraint levels and choose wisely.

*- Yes, I was one of the millions of kids who saw that 1st James Bond movie and wanted the machine guns behind the running lights in the front end of my future car. We all turned out just fine, thanks ;) . (So what if my storage locker is no. 007.):cool:

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Ok NTT,
I always wanted a heavy machine gun position in the bed of my truck but I somehow subdued that 2nd Adm. demon and decided the bottle collection was the better path.*-- Here is an off the cuff idea that could be an intermediate step--how about finding bots that you can sell so the better ammo costs don't shoot you in the wallet? Hmmm. That might be just crazy enough to work. In any case, try slowly increasing your restraint levels and choose wisely.

*- Yes, I was one of the millions of kids who saw that 1st James Bond movie and wanted the machine guns behind the running lights in the front end of my future car. We all turned out just fine, thanks ;) . (So what if my storage locker is no. 007.):cool:
Bro...
Don't be a bitch..
machine-gun-truck-bed-4x4-wheel-drive.jpg

I thoroughly enjoy me some bottle digging and hiking about, but 2A reigns supreme!

Just think about that.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
NTT,
Congrats on your truck. It looks cool and, of course, I'm a little jealous. (Anything in the front end?)
--The next time I go to my locker I'll take a pic. Send me your address and I'll autograph it. Just kidding. (Sorry if I came off as bitchy. I can now tell you have everything well in hand.)

Newtothiss

Reaction score
NTT,
Congrats on your truck. It looks cool and, of course, I'm a little jealous. (Anything in the front end?)
--The next time I go to my locker I'll take a pic. Send me your address and I'll autograph it. Just kidding. (Sorry if I came off as bitchy. I can now tell you have everything well in hand.)
Pshhh...
I WISH that was my truck.

I was just showing that a big boy belt fed setup (truck bed or not, is entirely possible!)

With the current cost of ammo, I couldn't possibly justify a belt fed upper of any caliber; let alone a legitimate MG or American equivalent.

And I was mildly joking ("bitch"-wise).
2A is infinitely important though.
Maybe no bottle hunting without it??

I don't know if you've ever shot FA, but it's stupid expensive if you're not enlisted and on the clock.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
When I took my last shot with an AR-15 it was the '70s. (Shotguns, + family heirlooms are a different matter.) Never shot an innocent bottle and today I sometimes find myself conducting surgical like, time consuming procedures to save a worthy one before it might go to sale. --I go to the range to test my eye and kill an afternoon usually shooting cheap ammo. Not too often in recent years. That's about it.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
When I took my last shot with an AR-15 it was the '70s. (Shotguns, + family heirlooms are a different matter.) Never shot an innocent bottle and today I sometimes find myself conducting surgical like, time consuming procedures to save a worthy one before it might go to sale. --I go to the range to test my eye and kill an afternoon usually shooting cheap ammo. Not too often in recent years. That's about it.
I could neither confirm nor deny the innocence of said bottles.

Best not to chance it.

I'd shoot 1000 innocent bottles before I let a single guilty one go free

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu