Are there any updated price guides for bottles out there? Everything appears to be years old and probably outdated!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cmcd427

Reaction score
Are there any updated price guides for bottles out there? Everything appears to be years old and probably outdated!!

sandchip

Reaction score
Federation members can access the auction price reports which cover the past 10 years. The search works well and they're supposed to add pictures eventually, although you can match up images with the corresponding hardcopy or online catalog.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Federation members can access the auction price reports which cover the past 10 years. The search works well and they're supposed to add pictures eventually, although you can match up images with the corresponding hardcopy or online catalog.
Pardon my ignorance, Sandchip, but what is the 'Federation' ( surely not the Star Trek one ;) ) and how does one become a member?

delphinis

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, Sandchip, but what is the 'Federation' ( surely not the Star Trek one ;) ) and how does one become a member?
I assume it's the Federation of Historical bottle collectors.
(fohbc.org) Their website has info on how to join. I haven't joined yet but have been considering it.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I assume it's the Federation of Historical bottle collectors.
(fohbc.org) Their website has info on how to join. I haven't joined yet but have been considering it.
Thanks, Delphinis.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
.Are you the person who wrote "Hunting bottles in the marine environment"?
I do not believe so ( though I write a lot and early onset Danmentia may be blocking the memory! ).

Where did you access this title, if I may ask?

delphinis

Reaction score
I do not believe so ( though I write a lot and early onset Danmentia may be blocking the memory! ).

Where did you access this title, if I may ask?

Where did you access this title, if I may ask
I wrote the title slightly wrong. It's called "Hunting antique bottles in the marine enviroment" by Capt. Dan Berg. I bought it about 10 years ago, give or take a couple of years. Some one posted, I forget who now, advertising the book along with a link to purchase it. I followed the link to the website. They offered 2 types , a physical copy and a digital copy. I bought the digital copy. Still have it today on my computer and on my cell phone. I find it to be an excellent and informative book.

Last edited:

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I wrote the title slightly wrong. It's called "Hunting antique bottles in the marine enviroment" by Capt. Dan Berg. I bought it about 10 years ago, give or take a couple of years. Some one posted, I forget who now, advertising the book along with a link to purchase it. I followed the link to the website. They offered 2 types , a physical copy and a digital copy. I bought the digital copy. Still have it today on my computer and on my cell phone. I find it to be an excellent and informative book.
Yes indeed, I have a hard copy - good book! As you know, it centres primarily on ocean bottle hunting, whereas I concentrate ( by necessity ), on fresh water lakes and rivers. There are numerous tricks of the trade and tools to help with the hunt - the more subaqueous antique garbage hunters I meet, the more I learn, which makes the hobby all that more enjoyable; why, I even take in the occasional Y/T episode of "BottleNed", even though he's a privy guy ( helps to pass the winter months ).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18