Are there any updated price guides for bottles out there? Everything appears to be years old and probably outdated!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

delphinis

Reaction score
Yes indeed, I have a hard copy - good book! As you know, it centres primarily on ocean bottle hunting, whereas I concentrate ( by necessity ), on fresh water lakes and rivers. There are numerous tricks of the trade and tools to help with the hunt - the more subaqueous antique garbage hunters I meet, the more I learn, which makes the hobby all that more enjoyable; why, I even take in the occasional Y/T episode of "BottleNed", even though he's a privy guy ( helps to pass the winter months ).
There's another book that I have that I also found to be excellent and informative. It's The Field Guide to American Trash: The Hunt for Historical Treasures Underground and Underwater by Bram Hepburn.

sandchip

Reaction score
Sorry for my late reply, but yes, as Delphinis said, it's the Federation of Historical Bottle Collectors at fohbc.org There really should be an icon/link on a-b net's banner at the top of the page as a resource for members. Also, the virtual museum is full of beautiful bottles to look at. As far as I know, it's still free because of covid. The site address is fohbcvirtualmuseum.org

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky