Arnprior Bottling Works - embossed bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
recently found this at an antique store in Parry Sound Ontario , I had never seen it before so was interested in it . the store owner also seemed very motivated to sell and we eventually came to a deal .

I have no idea where they got it , if it was found locally , it would of had to have come from the railway as there once was a railway that ran from Arnprior all the way thru Algonquin park to parry sound . but consider how things move around its impossible to say where it came from .

there is a listing in my book for a DK Cunningham 1910-1931 and one for Arnprior bottling works 1931-1934 but none of the bottlers in Arnprior seem to have lasted past the late 30's

this bottle is a bit larger than some of the others I have but not as big as a quart bottle .

has Arnprior Bottling Works Co , D.K. Cunningham , trade mark , Arnprior Ont on front and a " bell " is embossed in middle

P9050002.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
here is another picture I took at the antique store

partly why I was interested in the bottle as I had been to arnprior a few years ago and remembered how small it was , seem to recall there is a mcdonalds and Wendy's near the highway and then you drive into town and there is a downtown near the river but its really not that big considering how close it is to Ottawa

as for how many bottles like this , there is from arnprior ? I really don't know as I haven't seen that many others from this town

20170826_121506.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
tried to take another picture but none seem any clearer

Attachments

• P9050001.jpg
    P9050001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice one! I've got the light blue version of the exact same bottle, and a rare paper label bottle with Cunningham's wife's name on it after she took over the business. I've got a post about it on here somewhere.

Yeah Arnprior isn't a very big town, it's a bit too far away to be a bedroom community and there isn't much industry out there these days. I think it's one of those towns that got built up around the railroad and then the railroad was ripped up in more recent years.

RCO

Reaction score
Nice one! I've got the light blue version of the exact same bottle, and a rare paper label bottle with Cunningham's wife's name on it after she took over the business. I've got a post about it on here somewhere.

Yeah Arnprior isn't a very big town, it's a bit too far away to be a bedroom community and there isn't much industry out there these days. I think it's one of those towns that got built up around the railroad and then the railroad was ripped up in more recent years.

that's interesting there is also a light blue version , although I've seen many other bottles where there is colour variations available .

I haven't really seen that many bottles from arnprior and don't think there is any pop bottles from the town after the 1930's . there seems to have been a boom there according to my books from maybe 1900's - 1930's , that also be same time period the railway ran thru the town and maybe that explains why it grew and some bottlers started up

I think the town has grew a bit recently , last time I drove by a couple years ago can recall some new homes near the highway and it did appear to be growing a bit , I'm not that familiar with older part of town and never been by the river area

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah looking at the map there have been a few new subdivisions built. Ottawa is expanding at a rapid pace and it might be spilling over to the nearby towns. I imagine some people are alright with the hour's drive into Ottawa, if it means they get to live near the river for much cheaper than it would cost in Ottawa.

I don't think they have any pop bottles from after the 30's either, not that I can think of anyway. The only bottler I can think of off the top of my head is Cunningham (and later his wife). I do have a few labeled druggist bottles from Anrprior as well.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora