Art Deco Superlative

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

matthew lucier

Reaction score
Wanted to share my display with everyone and see if anyone else has had the idea of sinking their bottles in wood. I've spent a lot of time and used only hand tools to achieve this. I dug these bottles in Georgia. The timber I got from a logged site in alabama, It was left behind to be burnt.
3f7295a147b16bf45897081e6937a81c.jpg
a46955da1f4bde5585ae18b9454f8ca1.jpg
4a8a74cd100895f8fbddf78567a41933.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

matthew lucier

Reaction score
hello mathew : very original. looks great .ideal for cabin looks wonderful.
Thank you Grace Abound. All original bottles. Painted some to my liking. There is a Valintines Meat Juice bottle up there, 2oz. Bottle used to Contain the "goodness of 4lbs of beef"!

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
Wow, that is So Koool! I really like the attention to the detail of the shapes. I know you probably weren't going for this but the displays make me think of a fantasy dig where a firehose revealed a layer of treasures.

matthew lucier

Reaction score
Wow, that is So Koool! I really like the attention to the detail of the shapes. I know you probably weren't going for this but the displays make me think of a fantasy dig where a firehose revealed a layer of treasures.
Thanks, bottl-o-pop. I tried to imagine how they may have been used and show an overview of bottles in use. Phenix city, alabama. Seems their city dump was the side of the Chattahoochee river at the time.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
...."way down yonder on the Chattahoochee, never knew what that muddy water meant to me. But I learnt how to swim and I learned who I was, a lot about livin' and a little 'bout love" ahhhh yeee

matthew lucier

Reaction score
Mathew! thats a way cool idea and well, so well executed! Looks great!
Thanks treeguyfred. Your name reminds me of several bottles I've found in root balls of blown over trees. I know of a tree in an old plumbers yard that produced an array of toilets and old parts when it was blown over! You ever come across anything like that?

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Thanks treeguyfred. Your name reminds me of several bottles I've found in root balls of blown over trees. I know of a tree in an old plumbers yard that produced an array of toilets and old parts when it was blown over! You ever come across anything like that?

Hi Matthew, I HAVE found bottles and other artifacts in the root ball of blow downs. I have three pipes, six marbles, a stoney beer, a leg trap, a Warners Safe Cure, a Drakes Plantation bitters..... and several coins. Oh, just remembered in Stony Point NY, I found a square US Hospital Dept 4oz. SCA. in a blow down root ball and it got me looking around the immediate area... that one turned me on to a new dump(for me) that lasted almost a whole summer and produced some sweet and plenty of common bottles.
~Fred

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I always wanted to do display built into the wall with lighting viewable from both sides maybe. Someone has done it before for sure. On day!
ROBBYBOBBY64

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado