Ashgrove Dairy - Bracebridge Ontario milk jug found swimming

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
if you saw my other post I found another milk jug when swimming , this one I've never seen before but it is from my local area . not sure of its exact year but appears this dairy operated in 20's and 30's maybe later but one of the earlier dairies in this area . it appears to have been located along the muskoka river in Bracebridge Ontario .

it must be relatively uncommon to find if I've never seen one before and its from my area . although considering the damage I doubt it would ever be worth much but a neat example of one perhaps .

some close up pictures show the embossing " ashgrove dairy and pasteurized " also a 2 barely visible between ash and dairy .

ashgrovedairyPC.jpgDSC02795.JPG
DSC02798.JPG
DSC02797.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Bowling pin milk, nice! Those are pretty early, I don't think they were used much after the 20s. Shame about the damage, hopefully there's a whole one waiting out there.

RCO

Reaction score
Bowling pin milk, nice! Those are pretty early, I don't think they were used much after the 20s. Shame about the damage, hopefully there's a whole one waiting out there.

not sure how rare it be to find this one , as mentioned never really seen or heard of it before but thinking its not very common

but its listed in the Ontario mlik book under farmers last name not ashgrove dairy , gives dates starting 1918 - 30's

our area is mostly known for white pine and maple trees , so ashgrove might seem out of place but there is ash tree's here and would imagine there was once some along the river there

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado