Aside from bottles , What else do you collect ??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey, nice swords LC! Regarding the comment about keeping one in your vehicle... well... I keep one in my truck, easily accessible from the driver's seat. Used to keep a Katar tucked under the seat too, lol.

Along with ancient/antique metal spearheads, arrowheads and knives I also have a 300+ year old hand forged Katana. I spent hours sharpening that puppy up so well you could shave the hair off your arm. Dry arm.

Took that thing into the woods and was chopping down trees with a diameter of up to 5 inches with one singular slice. You may not believe it, and none of my friends could do so because they didn't understand the subtle physical mechanics necessary to wield the blade effectively, but it is true as daylight and in the space of 20 minutes or so I had chopped down 40 or 50 young trees with one clean slice. It was almost surreal watching them remain in position for a moment before crashing down.

Guaranteed I could chop a person clean in half with the sword. Just waiting for someone to break in and give me a reason to prove it... [;)]

I used to have an excavated ancient Celtic iron short-sword that I bought cheap (relatively speaking) from a German dealer. I kinda taught myself the rudiments of the language so I could find good deals on ancient artifacts. Ended up reselling it for twice what i paid back when I was 15 or so. Wish I kept it, it was really cool.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Re: RE: Aside from bottles , What else do you collect ??

Poison_Us said:
WOW, someone must collect old threads....[8D]
Let's do it again just to spite those who get annoyed by it. :p Back to what people collect-- I thought that the Produce Stickers and Hit and Miss Engines were unique. I collect paver-blocks, tokens and coins, books (which I restore as a hobby and job,) Pre-Depression prints, acrylic paintings, Pre-Depression maps, vintage/antique electrical-related items, my own stories of adventure as people actually want to read them, antique postcards and trade-cards, and Nazi coins and stamps. Also fossils, but my pics of a few are missing?I'm beginning to get into photographs that aren't postcards and, I'm afraid, I'm continuing to widen my interests-- now to Michigan license plates. It used to be only fossils (I'd show my dragonfly, but alas: Photos are missing) and pennies!No swords beyond from my days back in Martial Arts, but I do have a knife that I dug out of a 1940s dump. Now let's see if we can renew the thread and bring back old members I've not heard of/much of before.

iggyworf

Reaction score

Cool! I also collect Rock-N-Roll memorabilia of all kinds. Been going to concerts since 1979. Including tour books, shirts, posters, pictures, articles, figures, autographs ect. I have over 1,200 cd's, over 800 record albums(which I still play), about 300 cassette tapes(which I still play). I also have a collection of Detroit Red Wing memorabilia. Grew up in Detroit.

One more collection, $$$$$, but it is always a very small collection.[&:]

iggyworf

Reaction score

Cool! I also collect Rock-N-Roll memorabilia of all kinds. Been going to concerts since 1979. Including tour books, shirts, posters, pictures, articles, figures, autographs ect. I have over 1,200 cd's, over 800 record albums(which I still play), about 300 cassette tapes(which I still play). I also have a collection of Detroit Red Wing memorabilia. Grew up in Detroit.

One more collection, $$$$$, but it is always a very small collection.[&:]

Skylark

Reaction score

I have I think 9 or 10 older rotary and touch tone telephones, a few typewriters and a nice Burroughs adding machine I saved from being destroyed.

teamballsout

Reaction score

I collect ashtrays that i will never ever use 100+ all pre 70's

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score

I collect very strong prescription eyeglasses. I am nearsighted and wear strong glasses. You have any eyeglasses that have very strong lenses that you do not need? I would be glad to have them to wear and add to my collection. I need glasses that are a least -6 diopters in strength.

CreekWalker

Reaction score

I've collected Case XX knives for many years, selling most of them a while back. Then I bought patterns of no particular brand, as long as they possessed good steel, for hunting , fishing and everyday use. I bought some knives by North American Cutlery, of Beaver City Nebraska. I became curious about their origin, when I read that the Case Bros. (founders of Case XX) owned property there in the 1890's after moving from Cattaraugus Co. New York, same time frame as the North American Co. Knives. Like soda pop bob and his search for the elusive Popeye bottle. I started a web search to see if this was the first Case owned cutlery company. http://iknifecollector.com/forum/topics/old-1890-s-sunfish-elephant-toenail-made-by-cattaraugus-or?id=3181080%3ATopic%3A760024&page=1#comments Turns out it was!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis