Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CoastalFish631

Reaction score
A6039774-E8BA-4470-A684-A7788B402D46.jpeg

Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company bottle I found in my backyard stream today, completely intact. Can anyone help me date it and suggest what it may have been used for? It looks like it took a cork.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
They also ran the A&P Grocery Stores. Welcome to the site. LEON.

Not anymore, its sad to think that a company had made it over 100 years until going out of buisness 2010. I guess we'll have to get used to it since the fall of Sears within the last couple years. Too much competition and online buying these days.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes, real bummer. K-Marts out of Business too I think & they were Headquatered here in Michigan I think.

willong

Reaction score
Not anymore, its sad to think that a company had made it over 100 years until going out of buisness 2010. I guess we'll have to get used to it since the fall of Sears within the last couple years. Too much competition and online buying these days.
Have to agree with your sentiment. Many "flash in the pan" companies come and go over the years. Some of them ride trends or technologies that fade out or become obsolete, Blockbuster Video being an example of the latter even though they lasted three decades.

I remember a few chains of discount department stores, similar to Kmart, that came and went well inside the lifespan of that once ubiquitous company. Personally, I liked White Front, Valu-Mart and Payless stores much better than Kmart; but they were all shorter-lived.

However, when such venerable firms as Sears fold--oh, the childhood memories of anticipatory shopping in a multi-story Sears during the Christmas holiday season with my parents--it does leave a lingering sense of loss and sadness. Must be a significantly worse loss for people who spent long careers in such companies.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi