ATTN: Patent & Glass house whiskey collectors

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
Nice Whitney Lobes...

The 1860's into the early 70's seemed to be the most common period for American Patents. I have seen a few later but only a small handful earlier. Some of the earliest seem to be the Iron Pontil 2 peice mold Doyttville cylinders. Has anyone seen or does anyone have any pontiled examples besides the Doyttville bottles? Ricketts Patent bottles were manufactured as ealry as the late 1820's... There should be a few to fill in the gap?

The American Patents seem to coincide with the civil war, wonder if there is some connection there?

tigue710

Reaction score
I would like to see them both Brian. Never saw the Rickett without Patent embossed... all though most of them you have to look real hard to see!

Do you know what became of your backwards N Patent?

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
I think there are some pics somewhere on this site of the Ricketts . It is packed away ....... I will see if I can dig it out and get some pics .
The reverse N ..... well , I sold it on ebay several years back . I may have some pics of it on floppy ..... I will look and see.

P.S. Did you just recently get your reverse N on ebay ? I saw one sell recently on there ......... and no mention of the reverse N in the sellers description . But it was in plain sight in his pics.

deer4x4

Reaction score
hey tique ryan has my patent ricketts there is a picture of before and after tumbling when i get it back i can post the pics or send them to you if you need them let me know thanks bob

tigue710

Reaction score
thanks Bob, I would like to see a pic of yours, as there are a few variantions.

My backweards N was a personal find, local, Brian. I cant believed I missed the one on E-bay, I do a Patent search at least once a week! O-well...

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
tigue ,
I went back and looked thru the completed auctions. I can't find it ..... it didn't have the word PATENT in the listing or title . I ran across it doing a search for something else ...... and saw in one of the pics that it was a PATENT bottle and with the reverse N . If I run across it .... I will post the link.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Matt,

I've herd that there is one embossed Baker Bros Baltimore Glassworks that is iron pontiled. I have never seen one personally but two of the oldtime Baltimore diggers said they found one years ago. If anyone out there has this bottle I'll pay quite well for it. Would also like a Hezekiah Star snuff jar if anyone has one they would like to sell.

Chris

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky