Australian Bottle help needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

delphinis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I got this bottle at an antique store last week for $5. It's a nice green color and has an applied top. It's embossed with "South Wales Brewing Co Ld LLandilo". The base is embossed with " 5015 S.W B C.S &CO Ld. I tried searching google for information on the company but came up with nothing. I was hoping someone can help me with any information regarding the company, the age of the bottle and if I got a good deal for it at $5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3892BF81BF7A4189B8D4D3F71CAB0D68.jpg

Attachments

• 3892BF81BF7A4189B8D4D3F71CAB0D68.jpg
    3892BF81BF7A4189B8D4D3F71CAB0D68.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 66

epackage

Reaction score
I find a mention of the Co. in a book dating to 1891, but it's just some legal mumbo jumbo...

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Anthony,

It's not Australian, but Welsh.

"Supposing now a visitor having arrived at the Railway Station [the Llandilo], and desirous of being made acquainted with the ins and outs of this little town, we here proffer him assistance. Taking the roadway, and passing the saw-mills of Messrs Thomas, we ascend to Trallwm, where, on the right, will be noticed a large building, constructed of the native stone - it is Lewis's, or " The South Wales Brewery", in the arrangements and fitting up of which the most modern improvements have been adopted, both as regards machinery and apparatus. The place is well worthy of a visit." From.

They added a "new wing and copper house" in November 1888.

p.jpg
From.

The maker was Cannington, Shaw & Co.

cannington_shaw.jpg

delphinis

Reaction score
OOPS! my mistake LOL! When I first googles LLandilo South Wales to see where it was located the 1st site listed said that it was in Australia but I guess I wasn't paying attention because when I went back to that site just now it read LLANDILO "New" South Wales Australia. Anyhow thank you very much for the information. This past week I've been searching through Australian bottle sites when I should have been searching through English bottle sites.

Anthony

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu