AVON

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
I AM NO LOVER OF AVON BOTTLES,BUT AM A LOVER OF THE FACT MY NIECE IS ALWAYS ON THE LOOK OUT FOR BOTTLES FOR ME. I TELL HER HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE IT AND HOW ONE DAY SHE IS GONNA RUN UP ON THAT "GREAT BOTTLE:!

WELL TILL THEN SHE GOT ME AN AMBER AVON BOTTLE THAT IS A FOOTBALL BOTTLE. SEAMS AND ALL. NO LABEL. [IS EMBOSSED AVON]
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYBODY KNOWS THE AGE OF THIS BOTTLE? WHATEVER INFO YALL CAN GIVE IS APRECIATED! I WILL PUT IN A PLACE WITH THE OTHER SWEET THINGS SHE HAS BOUGHT ME OVER THE YEARS.

DANG THAT SHE EVEN THINKS OF ME WHEN OUT FLEA MARKETING AND YARD SELLING MAKES ME FEEL SPECIAL! MY OWN DAUGHTERS DON'T DO THAT! JAMIE

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hey Jame, I think the football dates to 1970 or so, and had aftershave in it.. how sweet of your niece!!

glass man

Reaction score
THANKS CHARLIE MAN! YES SHE IS VERY GOOD TO ME! SHE HAS A FRIEND THAT HAS SOME OLD BOTTLES AND IS CONSTANTLY TRYING TO TALK HER OUT OF THEM TO GIVE TO ME! JAMIE

TJSJHART

Reaction score
you's guys are right about the kids mine only think of me, i believe ,when they want something, but a couple of my younger brothers save and gather any soda bottles they come across , like the three that i posted earlier...

2002372EE18C4673AAA8323B62BE8886.jpg

Attachments

• 2002372EE18C4673AAA8323B62BE8886.jpg
    2002372EE18C4673AAA8323B62BE8886.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 75

Poison_Us

Reaction score
My dad had a few Avon aftershave / cologne bottles. One was a black VW bug. I cant remember the others. But I'm sure they all dated form the late 60' to 70's as I cant remember them ever not being in his room.

Wilkie

Reaction score
I know the syndrome! I have a nice little amber "stetson" cologne bottle that my oldest son gave me. He was all excited because it is all embossed with a pattern that I see on leather, and has a brass cap. He really thought he had something good so I have it on display in my bathroom with a few other bottles. Too me it is a valuable bottle.

glass man

Reaction score
Too me it is a valuable bottle.
AMAN TIM!!! MY NIECE WILL EVEN CALL ME ON HER CELL PHONE AND DESCRIBE THE BOTTLES SHE IS LOOKING AT TO ME. NOTHING GREAT YET,BUT ONE DAY!/

SHE DID CALL ONCE AND TOLD ME THERE WERE A GOOD MANY OLDER LOOKING BOTTLES ON A TABLE AT AN YARD SALE. SHE TOLD WHERE IT WAS
I WENT TO IT AND DID GET A WHISKEY CYLINDER TOOLED TOP THAT WAS IN A NICE YELLOW OLIVE COLOR AND ONLY 75 CENTS. NO BIG DEAL ,BUT A PRETTY WINDOW BOTTLE AT A GREAT PRICE!

NOW IF IT HAD BEEN EMBOSSED AND WESTERN....

JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
FORGOT: MY NIECE ALSO GAE ME A AVON BOTTLE THAT IS A HORSE HEAD WITH A SMOKING PIPE SCREWED ON TO IT!
LITTLE DRILLING AND IT WOULD GO "BONG"!

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
one of the other guys i work with (we drive tow trucks) collects avon botttles and i always give him a hard time. he knows im only kidding but its fun to call him gay. i just bought him an encyclopedia on avon bottles and some new ones for him the other day at a yard sale.

glass man

Reaction score
Bet your buddy was glad to get it! Some avon bottles are pretty cool looing ,like the car ones. When NINA'S Grandmom died NINA got a milk glass clock avon with a paper lable that has the hands and numbers for the time on it,has a black top. Pretty cool! I know it is in this "HOUSE OF THE BLACK HOLE " some where!

Our niece has a lot of her stuff stored here as does her mom my sis in law. [THIS IS THEIR STORAGE BUILDING! [:D] Now this with all our stuff too,makes it hard to find things. I go to try to find something and hardly ever find what I was looking for,but always find something I forgot I had or couldn't find it before.

I have a FOLGER'S OLASAONIAN o.p. HERE SOME WHERE! I put it away cause I was so disipointed cause I bought it from a guy in the bottle mag. IT was listed as mint,well it was very cloudy!DAMN I WANT IT NOW,BUT WHERE IS WALDO THE BOTTLE?

MAYBE I WILL FIND IT WHEN I GO TO LOOK FOR MY ALBUM THAT HAS "IN THE YEAR 2525" ON IT BY ZAGGER AND EVENS![:-] {ONE HIT WONDER}

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94