BAM Auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
Wow, Rod Walck just lost my business for good. I can't believe he would come out in public and behave like that. I guess he can't take constructive criticism. His magazine sucks anyway. I subscribed the first year it came out and never bothered to renew. Haven't seen his magazine after that first year. Now I certainly will not subscribe again. I'm done with his auctions too. Very unproffesional.

tigue710

Reaction score
I had thought the same thing with his reply to me when I questioned why his auctions were so ill described. He took to a personal attack on me. I know its very hard dealing with so many buyers all the time, in fact I had used initial aggressive responses at times on e-bay to weed out scammers from honest folk who were not happy with a bottle they bought from me, (only once it happened to be legitimit). (on a side not here a quick explaination, often people would bid on things and then contact me about a small indiscretion that must have gone unnoticed and wanting a discount. Biggest scam on e-bay with bottles, although I have legitimitly myself had this experince and also asked for a discount. By answering thier first e-mail aggresivly the scammers would always drop it then and there, while an honest person of course would press it...another good reason to have lots of pics in your auctions, for yourself!) On retrospect I think now that it was the wrong approch, and it was also in a much different context then BAM is involved in here.

I guess its hard to come online and read you death warrent...

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

if this is the bottle in question, it's beem photoshopped to death

09A15C9CD6C3468FAC10C72184D52F7F.jpg

might not be photo shopped Lobes, could just be a long exposure. I use long exposures in my pictures because it more true to the bottles real color then putting it in direct sun or artificial light... it brightens up the pic and shows more detail...

on second thought though looking back at that picture it does look blurry...

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Yes, that is the bottle in question. I can absolutey swear it did not look anything like that. I wish I had known how far this was going to go, I would have taken pics of it. I kick myself for not doing that. I have missed damage myself when selling on ebay, the last time to buyer drdboy, I missed a ping on the base. I felt terrible, sincerely apoligized, gave him a total refund including postage. I think if you make a mistale, you should do whatever possible to make it right, not get defensive.

tigue710

Reaction score
I agree with you. The one time I had a legitimate complaint I fired back at the guy like an A hole... I just figure he was another remorse buyer or someone trying to squeeze a few pennies out of me. They buyer had bought a pontil wolfes off of me and and thought it was not pontiled. Upon looking it back over I realized I had made a mistake and gave him a refund. Always regerted how I had initially dealt with the situation though....

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yeah I think its related to the F.G.C The forest green clorox! [8D]

05A7CE1480E243079ED728FE34075EC1.jpg

Attachments

• 05A7CE1480E243079ED728FE34075EC1.jpg
    05A7CE1480E243079ED728FE34075EC1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 93

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I'm not even going to cart out my strawberry puce clorox with original rubber stopper. You all's hearts arent strong enough to view that image.[:D]

How come it wasnt named Chlorox? Poetic license?

glass man

Reaction score
IF I HAD $10,000-$20,000 TO PAY FOR A BOTTLE,I SURE WOULD FIND A WAY TO GO CHECK IT OUT IN PERSON AHEAD OF TIME BEFORE THE AUCTION BEGAN,LIKE YOU CAN AT GLASSWORKS.CAN YOU DO THAT AT ROD'S WORLD OR OTHERS? PRETTY SURE YOU CAN AT HECKLERS. THE SPECTRUM COLOR CHART HAS BEEN DISCUSSED FOR A GOOD WHILE BOUT BOTTLES,NOT SURE WHY IT NEVER TOOK HOLD.CAN'T REMEMBER ANY COUNTER ARGUMENTS TO GOING BY IT. COURSE AT ONE TIME IT SEEMED IF SOMEBODY WASN'T SURE BOUT THE COLOR OF A BOTTLE IT WAS ALWAYS CALLED"PUCE".[8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94