BAM Auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Sorry about that, Matt.. I wasn't going to post it, because I don't have (or know I have) the correct software for photo-shopping a color.... but then you posted that and I figured "gotta do it anyway!"

By the way, my aunt and uncle live down your way in Dickerson (ok, outside Dickerson in those big, fancy new homes - there's is the nicest, in my opinion) Staight-on view of Sugarloaf Mountain. Beautiful down there.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
They are rich. Great rich people, though. 5 acres of land... their house is absolutely gorgeous, yet unpretentious. I love them.. they are so laid back and just enjoy life. I should go visit.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
THE SPECTRUM COLOR CHART HAS BEEN DISCUSSED FOR A GOOD WHILE BOUT BOTTLES,NOT SURE WHY IT NEVER TOOK HOLD

I think its just a matter of general bottle collectors not needing to be as particular about color shades as fruit jar and insulator collectors. With them , one shade of color difference can mean 100s of dollars. They cant afford to be as subjective.
I could still see people like bitters collectors who are going for color variations using it.

APOTHEHUTCH

Reaction score
Bought a bottle from them that was totally not as described-more than once.Usually tumbled to hell when it was described as uncleaned/untumbled condition.Or with fleabites or lip nicks that were not mentioned.I know how we all love lip nicks! I KNOW they know better.Im done with them now.

glass man

Reaction score
could still see people like bitters collectors who are going for color variations using it
AND FLASK COLLECTORS
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

THE SPECTRUM COLOR CHART HAS BEEN DISCUSSED FOR A GOOD WHILE BOUT BOTTLES,NOT SURE WHY IT NEVER TOOK HOLD

I think its just a matter of general bottle collectors not needing to be as particular about color shades as fruit jar and insulator collectors. With them , one shade of color difference can mean 100s of dollars. They cant afford to be as subjective.
I could still see people like bitters collectors who are going for color variations using it.

welddigger

Reaction score
Wasn't very happy with the one bottle I bought off of BAM myself. It was cheap though and I didn't want to pay what a mint condition one was worth. The description was a play on words and I find that a little dishonest. I think the American bottle auctions is trying to start there own grading system. Which is alright except they say this bottle would be a grade 9 if it did'nt have a chipin the base. Well, to me you have to include the chip in the base if you are grading proffesionally and that lowers the rating drastically!! The guys at ABA think a low rating on a scarce bottle will scare away bidders,so they give this round about rating that will never work if you are being serious about rating the condition of bottles. I believe Jim at glassworks is the best auction house there is. He is not in this for the money, although he makes a good amount. He has been a collector and a lover of bottles before he started the auction and just found a good niche he could profit from and enjoy himself. I am a little jealous, but respect him for having the courage and beeing honest and not giving in to the money!!!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Just a nice comment about Jim from Glassworks - A year & a half ago, at Shupp's Grove, he had recently aquired a large bottle collection... all the ones that I guess were not top shelf, he blew out on Friday night for 2 bucks each. Those tables were covered by bottleguys like flies on honey, so to speak[;)]. I knew a lot less about bottles then (I'm still very green, just not spring green!), but I did buy a few. My digging partner sold all the ones he bought from him the next day and made a pretty nice profit.
Rather nice of him, I would say.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado