Barber bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Karikeller11

Reaction score
Anyone here collect barber bottles and/or hair tonic bottles? I have a great collection and think they are just fun!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well hello Kari, I have three of them, but never really got to excited about them. My best one is a green long stem with hob nails all over it. even up the neck. It has a nice pontil mark so that verifies the hand blown appeal. The other two are still packed from our big move into downsized quarters and a storage unit. I have a couple good books that cover them, but they haven't turned me on enough to seek them. RED Matthews

Karikeller11

Reaction score
I don't seek them out but if when shows it's face when I am digging, I keep it. I have some great barber bottles and wildroot hair tonic.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have two that are special. One is a green glass hobnail that I really like because of it's age and the other one is a really crude early South Jersey bottle that was no doubt some ones take home whimsey that is really old and waiting to be shown to Steve Atkinson. some day. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I just went through seven old price books and none of them had my green hobnail barber bottle.I know it is rare, but no one seems to know about it. Just did two more and no dice. I know it is rare.Any help appreciated. RED M

RED Matthews

Reaction score
No Kari - not right now. I found my camera and I need to review the "how to do it" notes, at my age I never have gotten really into doing every thing on a computer. It is a life style change for old fart s like me. I did find one illustration of the hobnail barber bottle yesterday in a bottle listing book. But I know it is rare. Have a good day. I am still listing strap side flasks and med bottles for my Daughters assistance in selling when I am dead and gone. In the mean time I am still unpacking old pieces she brought from the storage unit. It is a lifetime of dling and enjoying. RED M,

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum