Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Base script Coca Cola

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Nice new addition to your collection. Lots of bottles on Ebay go without bids or only get one bid anymore. I want to say it's a buyer's market but shipping fees are painful!
Yeah I've noticed that the prices have come down on a lot of Canadian bottles on Ebay as well, but the shipping prices (often something like $25 for one bottle) make it unreasonable. Meanwhile the prices at bottle shows have been skyrocketing for some reason.

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
It's hard to sell a $5 or $10 bottle on ebay when the seller then wants $15 to ship. LEON.

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
Leon, didn't they supposedly crack down on that once? (Gouging on shipping?).

Yeah, but that's totally different. thats was when say somebody had a $20 item for sale. They would then say $1.00 for item but $19.00 to ship. That way they only had to pay ebay a % of the $1.00. Now ebay eliminated that buy charging you a % on shipping fees. Ebay also pretty much eliminated Reserves by charging you a fortune or huge amount to use a Reserve. LEON.

GLASSHOPPER55

Feb 23, 2015
LaPorte County, Indiana
Yeah, but that's totally different. thats was when say somebody had a $20 item for sale. They would then say $1.00 for item but $19.00 to ship. That way they only had to pay ebay a % of the $1.00. Now ebay eliminated that buy charging you a % on shipping fees. Ebay also pretty much eliminated Reserves by charging you a fortune or huge amount to use a Reserve. LEON.
10-4 Thanx for the clarification.

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
I recently shipped/mailed a heavy bottle to San Diego California from Detroit. A long ways. Buyer hurry up & paid before I could send invoice. Description said wait for invoice before you pay, he didn't listen. paid within 1 minute after Auction. Paid $14 shipping. it actually cost me $19.00 to ship. When I told buyer he shorted me $5.00 on shipping he blew a major gasket. maybe if it was a buck or so I wouldn't have said anything but $5 a lot to get shorted on shipping. SO, Sometimes a high shipping price on certain bottles certain long distances are legit. I always refund any extra paid on shipping. LEON.

P.S. Sorry foir the Hijack.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philada.510215