Batesville, Ar bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

willowisp417

Reaction score
I was given a soda bottle that a friend found out in a pasture. I found one place that said it was from 1928. It's says lik-me on one side and on the other Quality in every drop. The bottom says Batesville, Arkansas 7 oz and around the bottom edge it has 400IE (or maybe 4001E). Can anyone tell me anything about it? Does anyone even know what type of soda it may have been?
Thanks

willowisp417

Reaction score
Here is one like it, I tried to get pictures of mine but was told the file was loo big. Mine is more chipped, because a tractor dug it up. But this is the kind that it is. Now hopefully this picture will be with the post when I post it.
Thanks,
Nancy

C7FCCA92F34447BC84C59DD03980F6E8.jpg

Attachments

• C7FCCA92F34447BC84C59DD03980F6E8.jpg
    C7FCCA92F34447BC84C59DD03980F6E8.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 102

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: willowisp417

I was given a soda bottle that a friend found out in a pasture. I found one place that said it was from 1928. It's says lik-me on one side and on the other Quality in every drop. The bottom says Batesville, Arkansas 7 oz and around the bottom edge it has 400IE (or maybe 4001E). Can anyone tell me anything about it? Does anyone even know what type of soda it may have been?
Thanks
Welcome but I hope your not planning on early retirement. [:)]
That sounds about right for the year and it could have had any number of flavors. It's probably Batesville Bottling Co that in the 1925 book listed as W.M. Carpenter.
It looks like a fairly common deco crown top soda for the company and region.

willowisp417

Reaction score
Thanks for the info......darn, and here I thought I could be a millionaire overnight! [;)] But seriously; he gave it to me because he knew I like old bottles.

fishnuts

Reaction score
Although Lik Me is a rather common deco shaped soda worth $5 to $10, normally.
Yours from Batesville, AR is very hard to find...harder than common, much harder. In top grades is should sell for a twenty, easily, to an Arkansas state collector, maybe a bit more. I'm about an hour, and a bit, from there and they just don't seem to surface very much. Maybe they didn't distribute towards this direction.

Yours was hard to dig up, literally and figuratively and ended up with some dings and blems. Enough by your description to eliminate it from the 'top grade' category. As an off-grade place holder it's value slides, imho, to around the $5 mark...even to a specialty collector e.g. Lik Me brand or Arkansas state...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis