Beautiful Amethyst large mystery bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Catcat16

Reaction score
Hi guys!!! How’s everyone doing? I’m doing pretty good! I bought this at a yard sale with some other amethyst bottles that looked legit some of which I’ve already dug up myself but this one is puzzling me I wouldn’t even know how to look it up if I wanted to because there’s no markings on it at all I have two questions. The first question is what is it? Does this look like some decorative bottle you can buy at the dollar store or is this a legit vintage antique? My second question is are these natural amethyst bottles or did somebody do this? All these bottles were together when I bought them. I really am so curious so please help if you can thank you!!!!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 199

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Look irradiated on the darker ones. Maybe the other ones too. The more manganese in the glass the more purple the glass becomes. Foodjar, med bottle , that fancy one is neat but i don't know. A liquid probably. Fountain of information i am. Nice pictures.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Nic36

Reaction score
Hi doing everyone I found one bottle 1731 older in the river in miami florida in contruccion area near to the beach you can check on my profile all the picture about it thank you !!!moo

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
What do you mean?
Catcat16, I was a bit confused too. I looked at their profile by clicking the user name and they have a fairly modern whiskey flask pictured there. There is a 1731 mold mark embossed on the base of their bottle. It is not what I would call an old bottle, but of course I have quite a bit of mileage. Just sayin'. :D

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado