Beautiful Pottsville Beer and Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
Here are a couple of bottles from Pottsville Pennsylvania, a miners haven back in the 19th and 20th Centuries.

DSC_0732.jpg

This first beer bottle was from the Mellet and Nichter Brewing Company, that lasted from 1908 to 1920. This bottle strikes me as coming from the 1908 to 1915 era, due to its manufacturing style, weight and shape. It's a really nice, dug bottle. The brewery was located at 716 South Center Street, Pottsville. Bruce, I don't think you have this one in your library.......

DSC_0733.jpg

This is a beautiful example of a Schuylkill County Bottle. Schmeltzer Bros. of Pottsville Pennsylvania bottled soda, ale, and beer. This is the aqua variant of this bottle, so I am guessing that this was a soda. I have an Amber version coming in the mail, that I believe to be a beer bottle. One thing that I have noticed, is the very beautiful swirly script embossing that wraps up and around the bottles here in Schuylkill County. I have noticed this exact same embossing style on Ashland Brewing Company, Chas. D. Kaier Brewing Company bottles, and Schmeltzer Bros. bottles, from Ashland, Mahanoy City and Pottsville Pennsylvania.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown