Before & after.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I didn't see the part about the oxide polish. If I had seen that I could have tied the first part and the last part together. I was just too amazed at what the end result was. I know what tumbling is and I hope some others come up with some new process to give the guy that sells the equipment some competition. That's just an Old man diggers opinion!!
YEAH, That was my mistake, anytime i go to correct a word misspelled after typing then put a picture in , the pic will then get moved into the sentence instead of after it which is a problem I'm always having in here & hard to correct. Sorry about that. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
MORE.
fredhagendirty.jpg
FredHaganCleaned.JPG
Funkeys.JPG
Funkeyscleaned.JPG
GriesbeckHutch2.JPG
Griesbachcleaned1.JPG

Attachments

• Froehlich2.JPG
    Froehlich2.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 124
  • froehlichfront.JPG
    froehlichfront.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 123

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I thought I did explain what I did in my first post when I said I only gave it 4 days in Aluminum Oxide when it really need Silicone Carbide. Anybody that Tumbles Bottles knows what this means. BUT, If you don't Tumble Bottles I'll explain a little. Silicone Carbide & Aluminum Oxide is Cleaning Agents or Powders you use to Tumble Bottles Clean. Sorry for any confusion or being to Vague. LEON.
Thanks, there's a lot of Grasshoppers on this site. Wax on Wax off. Giddy up

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
One quick question to all. I turn the tube halfway through tumbling. So the bottle reverses direction. Is this really necessary...or am I being anal retentive?
Thanks for the pictures and posts. Amazing stuff Hemihampton (spell check just changed your name to Hemingway, still in good company I guess) You tumble a lot of bottles buddy. An inspiration to the newbies and us Boobies.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

webe992

Reaction score
One quick question to all. I turn the tube halfway through tumbling. So the bottle reverses direction. Is this really necessary...or am I being anal retentive?
Thanks for the pictures and posts. Amazing stuff Hemihampton (spell check just changed your name to Hemingway, still in good company I guess) You tumble a lot of bottles buddy. An inspiration to the newbies and us Boobies.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I would say reversing the direction does help as it gets the other side of the embossing better than if you just tumbled it the same direction the entire time. If using a base stopple, from the jar doctor, do you rotate the stopple half way through as well so you aren't left with marks where the bottle sits in it?

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I would say reversing the direction does help as it gets the other side of the embossing better than if you just tumbled it the same direction the entire time. If using a base stopple, from the jar doctor, do you rotate the stopple half way through as well so you aren't left with marks where the bottle sits in it?
10-4 good buddy!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado