Beginning a You Tube Channel

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
Hi all, I just want to let you know I will began taping my first channel video this weekend. My channel name is Bottle Hawk and I hope you can all visit me. I have come across so many good places that I'd like to document how I find bottles. dig them and uncover them. I will also be giving a brief description of the bottles I find. Currently, I follow many You Tube bottle hunting channels and it was recommended to me, by another hunter/digger to post it on You Tube. Although I took it with a grain of salt I gave it considerable thought (I'm not real savvy technologically). After a month of contemplation, I decided to take the plunge. I will be filming tomorrow and hope to have it posted the following week. I have completed the introductory scene, phew! I hope to see your comments about how I can make it better. I'm certainly not opposed to that from such knowledgable collectors as yourselves.
20161126momcall.jpg

- Mark

nhpharm

Reaction score
Good luck. Just try not to spread the ignorant misinformation that a lot of the diggers on these YouTube channels seem to spout. I watched a few and cringed at some of the stuff these self proclaimed experts were saying (and doing for that matter).

slugplate

Reaction score
Good luck. Just try not to spread the ignorant misinformation that a lot of the diggers on these YouTube channels seem to spout. I watched a few and cringed at some of the stuff these self proclaimed experts were saying (and doing for that matter).
You're 100% right. I'm flabbergasted by some proclaiming the wrong age and value. I've seen some where they were off by decades and how much they're worth. 90% of some individual's video is embellished and misinforming. If I don't know about something, I'll state that. Nothing worse than a You Tuber without some knowledge of the subject. In all honesty, crockery and other states regional bottles is extremely weak for me. That's why I think it's best to post the wrap-up after I've done some research. I'm pretty good with NJ, NY and some Philadelphia bottles, outside of that becomes a black area for me. Thus, NJ and NY will be a primary focus for me. After all, NJ was the "Crossroads of the American Revolution".

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
You're 100% right. I'm flabbergasted by some proclaiming the wrong age and value. I've seen some where they were off by decades and how much they're worth. 90% of some individual's video is embellished and misinforming. If I don't know about something, I'll state that. Nothing worse than a You Tuber without some knowledge of the subject. In all honesty, crockery and other states regional bottles is extremely weak for me. That's why I think it's best to post the wrap-up after I've done some research. I'm pretty good with NJ, NY and some Philadelphia bottles, outside of that becomes a black area for me. Thus, NJ and NY will be a primary focus for me. After all, NJ was the "Crossroads of the American Revolution".
The Youtube channels with 1000's of followers embellish and misinform the worst. I guess they think they have to do that to keep viewers interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora