best flea market/yardsale finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stardust

Reaction score
That is beautiful ~ I love it!!!!
My best find was a box lot with with an assortment of things. I love box lots. This one had A Hagar Aqua blueish green Buddha about a foot high and a foreign fish platter back from the day when you had your good china stapled back together. I was told the platter was worth about 100 ~ dollars maybe 6 years ago by a dealer. He said if it was his he wouldn't sell and would just hang it on the wall. Everyone wanted the Buddha to put in a garden, but I knew it would get wrecked, so I kept it.the box was filled with other little treasures along with one french perfume bottle ~ Oh, how I miss going to the Worcester Auctions. Wish I could find someone in the area who enjoyed auctions and had a truck. That box cost me 15 ~ Most nights I only paid 5 ~ for a night of fun. 5 dollars for the same metal child's crib I had as a child.

You could get a whole dinning room for 100 ~ Too bad some of you don't live nearby ~ Oh what fun we all could have on a week day night all for free ~ [;)]

StLouBrew

Reaction score
I picked this up at a flea market about 3 years ago for $10.00. I ended up selling it for over $1600.00 on Ebay.

038.jpg

Steve

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: StLouBrew

I picked this up at a flea market about 3 years ago for $10.00. I ended up selling it for over $1600.00 on Ebay.

Steve
Stupendous ...[;)]

GLOPTOP

Reaction score
BOUGHT A 1/2 PINT WOODBURYS IMPROVED FRUIT JAR AT AN ESTATE SALE BACK IN THE EARLY '70's, COMPLETE WITH 3 PIECE LID, FOR 50 CENTS. LATER, SOLD IT TO FAMOUS JAR COLLECTOR ALEX KERR FOR $100, NOW WORTH ABOUT 500-600. FOUND 5 "COLUMBIA" POWER INSULATORS, 4 OF THE 5 WERE DIFFERENT VARIANTS, AT A RAILROAD MUSEUM IN SO. CAL. IN THE EARLY '70's. PAID $1 EACH FOR THEM. BEST FIND WAS JUST ABOUT A MONTH AGO, A "DR. WHEELERS TONIC SHERRY WINE BITTERS/BOSTON" IN A LOCAL ANTIQUE SHOP FOR $25.

The Can Kid

Reaction score
I haven't had many good finds with bottles. I did pay $12 for 4 pieces of stoneware and an early crown top Simon Pure beer. One stone ginger beer (from england) was worth about $30 and a small creamer in the lot was worth about the same.
My best find in any collectable was when I paid $10 for a big bag of postage stamps, and one of them was appraised at $2500.

-the can kid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky