BIG and small...a day of firsts

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Went digging this past Sunday...the lot I am digging recently has a thin 6" layer of trash covering much of the back of the lot about 3' down, so I have been simply digging it in a grid. Some days are good and some not so good. Sunday was a good day...dug a pile of small stuff including multiple marbles, an insulator, a chandelier prism, a couple of pipe bowls, a pile of buttons, etc. I love finding these little bits of everyday life...

In addition I found one pontiled slick bottle, a fancy little perfume bottle, and the find of the day, a perfect little mini-jug marked "Sample/Crescent Club/Nelson Co Ky/Whiskey". I've never dug a mini-just that wasn't damaged so I was very excited. Doesn't appear to be a common one either.

And the BIG...a big unembossed graphite pontil ladies leg bitters-style bottle in perfect condition. I've never dug one of these before either...really was very happy with the day overall. Also dug several stoneware beers, a bunch of slick whiskies and medicines, and some black glass. Starting to get hot here but days like this keep me going out...gonna have to break out the umbrella soon! IMG_4625.jpgIMG_4626.jpg

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Those are an interesting group of dug items, the Crescent Club was in Ky, Tn, and Mo. And still operating. Depending on condition, the jug would bring $150 to $350.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I was excited about the jug for sure! I've seen a lot of Nelson Co jugs (Mason, Harper, etc) but never this one. Also was unusual to see it say "sample"...I can't remember seeing that on a scratch jug before.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis