Big vintage Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Horace

Reaction score
Do you by chance know what a bottle like this one would cost it date back to 1915, Amber in color, with the Diamond I at the bottom and owen scars.

Horace

Reaction score
Do you know what a bottle like that could be worth it is a I in the center of the diamond made in illinois around 1915, with owen scars at the bottom also, I think its a kinda rare bottle because size and color. They made smaller bottles with the diamond I made in mostly clear bottles and much smaller.

Horace

Reaction score
The I is very small, I did a little research on the bottle but cant find any prices or any of the same bottles.

nhpharm

Reaction score
As noted by the other forum members, the bottle unfortunately is not worth much. On a good day, $5. On a bad day you'd be lucky to be able to sell it. Not trying to be a downer...just being realistic.

Horace

Reaction score
Could you locate me a familiar bottle so I can compare. Thanks

nhpharm

Reaction score
If you search "large amber apothecary bottle" on eBay you will see a bunch of them for sale...for crazy prices that they are not actually selling at. I have an earlier one with a ground stopper I've been bringing to bottle shows for 3 years and no one has bought it for $5. I understand your distrust of my assessment of it's value...but trust me. I've been doing this for over 30 years.

slugplate

Reaction score
Do you know what type of bottle it is?
Many times it comes from experience, the size, color, shape and lip are dead giveaways most of the time. Some diggers have come across them before - maybe not in that size though, but they have researched what they were and are happy to share what they know. This is why AB is such an important resource. Some real good bottle historians on here, myself not included.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi