Birch beer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jstorm

Reaction score
Good evening all. Just curious if anyone has tasted Birch beer. I have some A-treat full bottles and the cap says Birch beer . I'm assuming it tastes like root beer. It's not to common up here in Northern Indiana. Never heard of it! Thanks all!
20211118_202735.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I remember seeing it when I lived on the west coast, not sure if I ever tried it or not but I believe that it is similar to root beer. I haven't seen it out here, which is odd since we have birches here and they don't have them on the west coast. I'll have to try it next time I come across a bottle for sale.

Jstorm

Reaction score
I remember seeing it when I lived on the west coast, not sure if I ever tried it or not but I believe that it is similar to root beer. I haven't seen it out here, which is odd since we have birches here and they don't have them on the west coast. I'll have to try it next time I come across a bottle for sale.
Looks like it was bottled in Allentown pa. Thanks for the feedback
20211118_205838.jpg

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Yes, I have tasted it and it is similar to root beer, but with a distinct difference. It has been quite a while since I have seen it. I thought it was very good at the time.

Jstorm

Reaction score
Yes, I have tasted it and it is similar to root beer, but with a distinct difference. It has been quite a while since I have seen it. I thought it was very good at the time.
Thanks for that. Going to order some just because I have never tasted it! Thanks again!

Old man digger

Reaction score
Never could understand why it was called Birch beer, when in fact it comes from the root of a Sassafras tree. Years ago it was called Sarsaparilla and was a quack medicine for all kinds of ailments!!!

Old man digger

Reaction score
Never could understand why it was called Birch beer, when in fact it comes from the root of a Sassafras tree. Years ago it was called Sarsaparilla and was a quack medicine for all kinds of ailments!!!
And in fact all the good guys in the Westerns of old asked for a sarsaparilla instead of a whiskey when they went into the local swinging door saloons...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18