Black glass beer bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
It is made by the star bottling works. That is all I know. You got one too. Same star with an S inside.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Soda? Beer? Something else?

Doesn't look to be special really, but I've never seen a black bottle.

Clayton J. Migl

Reaction score
Very interesting bottle. Black glass bottles were definitely made in the 20th century, and are still made today for wine bottles. Of course this is added color whereas the originals were turned black by iron oxide and coal used in the kilns to blow the bottles. One of the latest bottles I can think of that is black glass is the Lone Star Beer bottles from the 1950s.

K6TIM

Reaction score
Robb Bobby84 said it all he's correct!

K6TIM

Reaction score
Very interesting bottle. Black glass bottles were definitely made in the 20th century, and are still made today for wine bottles. Of course this is added color whereas the originals were turned black by iron oxide and coal used in the kilns to blow the bottles. One of the latest bottles I can think of that is black glass is the Lone Star Beer bottles from the 1950s.
There are two kinds of black glass.First the dark geen black glass found on wine,and champagne bottles.Then their is a black amthyest purple glass bottle.In the case of purple you have to put it directly to the sun to see if it has a purple tint (watch the eyes when do that!) K6TIM

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac