blank slug plate question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

butchndad

Reaction score
probably a terrible question to ask but which would be more valuable; a "run of the mill" embossed hutch or a hutch with a blank slug plate. Asking because i saw a couple or sale and wondered if they were work the $5. Thanks in advance for your input

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
probably a terrible question to ask but which would be more valuable; a "run of the mill" embossed hutch or a hutch with a blank slug plate. Asking because i saw a couple or sale and wondered if they were work the $5. Thanks in advance for your input
I would take an embossed hutch. Blank is like a slick. I keep the pontiled ones. Just my opinion. Crafty people could use them I guess.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think even a common hutch will always be more desirable than an unmarked hutch, unless the blank hutch was an unusual colour or it had a base mark which could be used to identify the bottler.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Are you saying... you saw blank plate hutches for sale or run of the mill hutches for 5 beans? Either way, if they're clean with little to no damage (mineral stains, scratches, dings, moons or fish eyes) then 5 dollars each or bundle discount say 4 for 15 or something is reasonable and they may become spot fillers in a collection and possibly traders later. Condition is extremely key here tho bc they don't have much collectible value.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18