Blobs, rare SS, and more!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
The 7oz Pepsi Bottle has sold for $150, I will trade it for three other NJs if you have them. The New Amsterdam and India Wharf I'd trade for the B.W.C. If you'd like to, please check online on these bottles. They are not off the mark for the B.W.C. If we use Priority Mail from USPS, it would be $14.50 out of pocket for each of us. However, I know the $25 you paid for the bottle and I'm trying to accommodate equally. If any of the above are acceptable to you, I'd be happy to make to a trade.

They're nice, but not what I'm looking for. These seem pretty late (1895s) , and I would only get late ones if they are locals, or from Schuylkill county PA.

slugplate

Reaction score
I'm not thrilled liking these ones. Got any others? I don't have NJ bottles, but I have many crown sodas and beers.
Oh it's okay, I would be just as discerning. We're bottle people and we have particular tastes for things. I'll keep you mind if anything further comes into my possession.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Oh it's okay, I would be just as discerning. We're bottle people and we have particular tastes for things. I'll keep you mind if anything further comes into my possession.

I'll remember you want this bottle as well.

I guess what I should have said was these are the late 1890s style blobs, and I would rather them be from Schuylkill county PA or somewhat local. I'm running out of bottle room, and I'm going to be downsizing my collection soon. Right now, I'm starting to get picky.

slugplate

Reaction score
I'll remember you want this bottle as well.

I guess what I should have said was these are the late 1890s style blobs, and I would rather them be from Schuylkill county PA or somewhat local. I'm running out of bottle room, and I'm going to be downsizing my collection soon. Right now, I'm starting to get picky.
No worries, I completely understand, I'm the same way. I can't tell you how many bottles I don't bring home that newer collectors would cherish. But, my thought is that if I wanted handfuls of the same bottles it would be a waste to display them all. Honestly, I take them far away from the site and deposit them elsewhere that people "might" find them. If someone happens upon them, great. I'd rather share the wealth of history than discard them in a hole. Of course I will not disclose where I got them from. Sadly, I made that mistake of sharing info and my site ran dry... never again will I share it. But as sure as the sun comes out every morning, I'll be hunting and digging as long as humanly possible.

Screwtop

Reaction score
I love all of them but especially the coke bottle. Huntington is an interesting city to me. Lots of history there and also railroads.

Huntington is loaded with history, and nearby Portsmouth OH is loaded too. It's gone downhill faster than you can say spit over the years, but the antique districts are fine. I saw another Huntington SS for cheap too, I think I'll try to grab that next time.

epackage

Reaction score
The Hungry bottle looks very similar to a Hunyadi(sp?) bitters bottle. The squats are really nice. As far as NYC blob top beers, I have them coming out of my ears. The pictorial Hutch is a real keeper - hold on to that one.
It's not a bitters bottle it's a mineral water, the NJ squat you're interested is most likely not a NJ bottle based on my research, and no Newark brewers/bottlers have those initials...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu