Blue Phila. Med help needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Season's Greetings All -
Does anyone out there have any info., comments or background on this cutie I picked up a little while ago? It's just shy of 5" tall and inside a fancy oval is embossed: HEALY & FRY in arc over PHARMACISTS then 1901 ARCH ST., PHILA. in reverse arc. The base or bottom has W.T. & Co. over 1 then U.S.A. I am familiar with the company base marking, but couldn't come up with any info on the oval embossing. I thank anyone in advance that may help with this some.

It's not my type of bottle to collect, but once again, I fell in love with it and thought that I'd give it a home for a while.

Zx71909.jpg

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Thanks guys-----

slcholt - I thought the same but can't find anything on the company. That could be a good thing though.[:)]

tncgal

Reaction score
Meech, no info for you, but there's a clear one on eBay. Item number: 6237517401

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Howdy tncgal -
THANK YOU! I'll keep an eye on that one for comparison, but the color can make the difference in most cases, as we all know.

Haven't seen you around lately, but I haven't been to the other forums in some time and really don't plan to. Where have you been hiding Whiskey? Have you seen him? I just may have to drop him a line. He emails me 'things' often, but not lately.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That Fry is probably Nelson Fry who also put out a cobalt eye lotion bottle embossed NELSON FRY PHILADELPHIA with an eye on it.

madman

Reaction score
hey meech nice bottle!! it seems that theres lots of phila druggist bottles! out there ive had luck with city directories and old newspapers, for old ads and such, merry christmas mike

Zx71421.jpg

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Mike -
I knew that I'd seen that bottle before, the Llewellyn one. The tops on these are different from the one I picked up, but basically the same. You got the best deal out of the three, 'cause you dug yours (nice find). Below is a link for the one Downeast bought. He got a deal (I think) because it was listed wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7365937050

Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well!

Matt - GuntherHess - Thanks for the tip.

capsoda

Reaction score
Verry nice meds guys, I'm very jealous.[>:] We get a few local drugests in amber and theres a colbalt from Tampa, 500 miles away but most are clear. Great finds.

Merry Christmas[:)]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I think the earlier LLEWELLYN bottles have a 1410 CHESTNUT ST. so they must have moved down the street a bit at some point.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora