Boker's Bitters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

westernbittersnut

Reaction score
HDuncan,

I did have a complete unopened amber ladies leg Boker's Stomach Bitters like your example. Unfortunately I tasted it and sold the bottle with contents to a labeled western bitters collector some 25 years or so ago. The bottle was a light amber with a short double tapered collar top. Similar labels to yours.

This is an earlier book with Boker's Stomach Bitters recipe in it. This book was published in 1853 by P. Lacour in New Orleans, LA.

Here is the recipe: Boker Bitters, for Making One Gallon.- Rasped quassia, two ounces; catechu, half an ounce; snake-root, half an ounce; calamus, one ounce; cardamom seed, half an ounce; bruise and macerate for one week in two pints of proof whiskey, and strain. Color with two ounces of burnt surgar, and add six pints of water.

glass man

Reaction score
OR YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN SINCE LOOKS LIKE THE RECIPE DIFFERS FROM TIME TO TIME. I BAT WING,TWO SALEMANDER EGGS,1 EYE OF NEWT [THIS WILL BE HARD CAUSE THOUGH NEWT GINGRICH IS OLDER HE IS WIREY!] ,1 LAP DANCE,TWO PUBIC HAIRS YOU HAVE TO PERSONALLY PULL FROM AN ADULT GORILLA,[BE FAST!] ,A MEMBER FROM THE FLOCK OF SEAGULLS,A GUITAR PICK USED BY DUANNE ALLMAN,THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF BARACK O BAMA,A WHOLE YAK,A 1920S BROMO SELZER BOTTLE [LARGER SIZE THE BETTER!], 500 PEYOTE BUTTONS,SOME ORGANIC MESCULINE,[BOUT A POUND WILL DO,A HUMP FROM A CAMEL,TEN GALLONS OF WABO CABO,5LBS OF VALIUM[IF VALIUM NOT AVAILIBLE ZANEX WILL DO,BUT DOUBLED UP ON IT] 1 GALLON OF TABASCO SAUCE,16 POUNDS OF QUAKER OATS AS PEOPLE NEED THE ROUGHEGE,SOME BURT SUGER ,SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE,.

PUT ALL THE INGREDIENTS INTO A HUGE VAT,BRING TO A FAST BOIL THEN LET IT SIMMER FOR 2 MONTHS. SHOULD MAKE ENOUGH SERVINGS FOR 50 PEOPLE THAT WON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DID FOR THE PAST WEEK AND WON'T CARE![8D] JAMIE -MY MOTTO "YOU CAN TRUST ME!"[&:]

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18