Bol's Liquor Mae West Music Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rain

Reaction score
Need help!!! I have a 1960 Bol's Mae West Music Bottle. It is in excellent condition and need to know how much it would be worth. I have been in contact with the company and they tell me this bottle is rare and highly valuable to a collector. The music box is wood and metal and plays beautifully. I have been on a lot of sites but cannot find anyone that has this type of bottle. Maybe someone out there can help me.

Thanks for any information that comes this way.[:D]

Sq46042.jpg

Attachments

• Sq46042.jpg
    Sq46042.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 135

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi Rain a item that new I would think would be hard to look up anywere, you should try the Web maybe type into Keyword. I have a 788 page Warmans Americana and Collectables 1993, and unable to find it. Maybe the company can give you more information. Go to this site and search.http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?invocationType=topsearchbox.%2Faol%2Fjsp%2Fsearch.jsp&query=Bol%27s+Liquor&x=29&y=17

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Rain, check out 'Digger Odells' web site. In May 2001, he answered a question about a Bols bottle with the same label. Are you sure about the 1960 date? If you run a search for Bols Collectibles on Google, you'll come across the article - MAY 2001 - Digger Odell Questions. Check it out.

rain

Reaction score
The 1960 date was from the company when I sent them the pictures. They thought because of the material used for the music box that it was made then. I will check out diggers site again. I didn't get that far into the years yet. Thanks a lot for your help.

Chris

Maine Digger

Reaction score
His answer on May 2001 to the person writing in was that the bottle which looked like yours, was pre-prohibition. He gave it a value of $50 at the time. The label on the bottle was identical to the one you show, but yours may be a reproduction.

rain

Reaction score
Yes I did check out that month on Digger's site. The label on that bottle with the Bol's is the same as mine only mine is on the tassel. Also I noticed he said the writing on the bottle was in English. Mine has no english on it. I did hear back from the company and he told me to put it on ebay with a starting value of E50. Have no idea how much that is but I'm really not interested in selling at this time. I just wanted a round about price of what it would be worth if I did want to sell. It is quite an interesting bottle and a conversation piece. If there is anymore information out there somewhere about this type of bottle I would be interested in finding it.

Thanks so much for all your help.
Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp