Booze Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
The Clevenger brothers bought the original molds from Whitney Glass Works, so even though your bottle never held whiskey, it is from the same bottle mold. The Repros marked 'CB' were made by Jim Travis who bought the business after the last Clevenger brother retired. I don't know for sure, but Whitney may have had more than one E G Booz mold.

Jstorm

Reaction score
Interesting comments, I have heard of the Clevenger reproduction but was uncertain about the date. Unfortunately my grandfather had passed away before I took an interest in the bottles. My father always believed it to be genuine. A few more of my favorites.
Damn nice!

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
The Clevenger brothers bought the original molds from Whitney Glass Works, so even though your bottle never held whiskey, it is from the same bottle mold. The Repros marked 'CB' were made by Jim Travis who bought the business after the last Clevenger brother retired. I don't know for sure, but Whitney may have had more than one E G Booz mold.
Information on the Clevengers is often unclear and contradicting. Whether they used any original molds has not been ascertained. The only known original Booz mold has been in a Philadelphia museum since the early 1900s. I've read all I can find on the Clevengers and no one can even agree on valid dating of their bottles. It is clear the Booz and Jenny Lind bottles were in their catalog early. Some sources say they only began mold blowing bottles after 1940. So, a lot of speculation and few facts. A personal friend who viisted their shop before WWII remembers seeing quantities of the Booz bottles in storage. The more I read about the Clevengers the more I am confused.

web

Reaction score
Information on the Clevengers is often unclear and contradicting. Whether they used any original molds has not been ascertained. The only known original Booz mold has been in a Philadelphia museum since the early 1900s. I've read all I can find on the Clevengers and no one can even agree on valid dating of their bottles. It is clear the Booz and Jenny Lind bottles were in their catalog early. Some sources say they only began mold blowing bottles after 1940. So, a lot of speculation and few facts. A personal friend who viisted their shop before WWII remembers seeing quantities of the Booz bottles in storage. The more I read about the Clevengers the more I am confused.

web

Reaction score
That is where I am, The more I read the more confusing it gets. Genuine or not I still love the bottle and its great color. I wonder if there are any pictures available of the one in the Philadelphia Museum?

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
That is where I am, The more I read the more confusing it gets. Genuine or not I still love the bottle and its great color. I wonder if there are any pictures available of the one in the Philadelphia Museum?
A picture I found of a booz old cabin whiskey mold, not sure of the origin or age. Possibly the Clevenger mold?

Attachments

• BoozMold.jpg
    BoozMold.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 85

102viadeluna

Reaction score
How to identify E G Booze bottles from Clevenger Bros repro's.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi