Bottle Colors!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

treeguyfred

Reaction score
They are Uranium Glass and actually glow in UV light.
For a time many years ago I was collecting depression era match and toothpick holders. Many of them were fashioned out of Uranium glass and fluoresced beautifully! I have quite a few playing marbles that also glow under black light. Fun stuff!
~Fred

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Not all, but a good amount of the colors that bottles come in. Thought it was neat to show the variety I have aquired with most of them being dug!
View attachment 214593
That's a very nice group ya got there colorwise! Fun subject ... can I jump in too? I could round up some example pics.
~Fred

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Nice shakers. I have a set of beehive
Cool dep era shakers! Their lids are repop? Pretty glow under B light! I had some awhile back but was frustrated with the replacement lids that I could find back then... either fugly (beat up rusted to death or reshaped and poorly fitting) or so new looking that I worried it would make the glass appear new (faked) So, I quit collecting them and went after the match holders & toothpick holders and such.
Thanks for participating in the discussion
~Fred

treeguyfred

Reaction score
On the subject of glass color runs I have somehow managed to put together a cone ink display color run. All smooth base no Carters ink. Cone colors 2-24-2021.jpgAll dug by me except the emerald green. That one I purchased from a fellow digger at our show, he had dug it up earlier in the year with me and I decided to pull the trigger and add it to my collection because I had started to notice the building group. I remember where each one was dug...
~Fred

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Cool dep era shakers! Their lids are repop? Pretty glow under B light! I had some awhile back but was frustrated with the replacement lids that I could find back then... either fugly (beat up rusted to death or reshaped and poorly fitting) or so new looking that I worried it would make the glass appear new (faked) So, I quit collecting them and went after the match holders & toothpick holders and such.
Thanks for participating in the discussion
~Fred
They are the original caps.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu