Bottle finds while brick hunting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ulpilotrmh

Reaction score
Is there any lettering on the bottom or on the heel of the Mason Jars? If so, this might indicate the year of manufacture. This is also true for any glass container you might find including all those sodas in the pic. On those bottles the year manufactured, the factory where it was made, the company trademark and the individual cavity number will be molded into the bottom or sometimes on the heel of the bottle.

Russ Hauser

lwjars

Reaction score
All Ball blue jars similar to this jar was made between 1910-1937. This particular jar looks like a 1933-1937, without a better picture.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
The Ball mason jar appears to be the 1933-1940 version. You can do a Google image search "dating Ball Mason jars" and you will get several versions of a logo chart. Most of them are pretty accurate.

saladsack

Reaction score
Is there any lettering on the bottom or on the heel of the Mason Jars? If so, this might indicate the year of manufacture. This is also true for any glass container you might find including all those sodas in the pic. On those bottles the year manufactured, the factory where it was made, the company trademark and the individual cavity number will be molded into the bottom or sometimes on the heel of the bottle.

Russ Hauser

Thanks! I had never noticed that before, patented July 14 1908. On the smaller blue "Ball Ideal" jar.
50893a19770caffc2439d00be52dbbe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Kendzior

Reaction score
Many years ago while digging for bottles in Charleston, at an old vacant house, I came across a brick lined privy from which I took a number of bottles. When I got to the bottom, I removed bricks, never thinking they might have a collectible value. On the outside of the privy, I found this bottle, presumable left by whomever built the privy as it was embedded in almost undisturbed soil. Thanks for bringing back a 50 year old memory!73a-Charles-Clark.jpg73b-Charles-Clark.jpg

saladsack

Reaction score
Many years ago while digging for bottles in Charleston, at an old vacant house, I came across a brick lined privy from which I took a number of bottles. When I got to the bottom, I removed bricks, never thinking they might have a collectible value. On the outside of the privy, I found this bottle, presumable left by whomever built the privy as it was embedded in almost undisturbed soil. Thanks for bringing back a 50 year old memory!View attachment 180533View attachment 180534

Very cool! Do you remember what the bricks said? Were they marked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu