Bottle in Belize

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hilberto

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Need some help in identifying a bottle. Found this morning about 6 feet down. thanks for any info provided.
brown bottle.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Wow, that's a great shape on that one! When I first saw it and saw that it was a bitters bottle I assumed it would be very valuable, but apparently these are quite common although I've never heard of them before. One sold on Ebay recently for $40US. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1957538330...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What sort of info are you looking for otherwise? Date-wise it's probably from around the turn of the 20th century. There's a bit of info on the company here: https://www.bottlepickers.com/bottle_articles54.htm

Reactions: Len

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Cool bottle! I just returned from Belize after a week's worth of Liveaboard diving. Prior to departure, I spent some time in the Radisson Hotel and spied these bottles perched high on a shelf above the bar. The staff didn't know much about them or where they came from. One of the Divemasters aboard said he knew of an area where they'd found very old onion & mallet style bottles - I tried to get the Captain of the Liveaboard to change course, but to no avail! ;):cool:

Attachments

• Belize Bottles.jpg
    Belize Bottles.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 87

Hilberto

Reaction score
Cool bottle! I just returned from Belize after a week's worth of Liveaboard diving. Prior to departure, I spent some time in the Radisson Hotel and spied these bottles perched high on a shelf above the bar. The staff didn't know much about them or where they came from. One of the Divemasters aboard said he knew of an area where they'd found very old onion & mallet style bottles - I tried to get the Captain of the Liveaboard to change course, but to no avail! ;):cool:
Thanks for visiting Belize, indeed you were in the heart of colonial Belize, just a 2 minute walk away from the Radisson there are several construction taking place and many variety of bottle coming out of the ground, unfortunately most construction workers don't know the value of these bottles and simply just break them. if you ever visit Belize again send me a message and I would be more than happy to take you on a bottle hunt. so much left to be discovered here.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Thanks for visiting Belize, indeed you were in the heart of colonial Belize, just a 2 minute walk away from the Radisson there are several construction taking place and many variety of bottle coming out of the ground, unfortunately most construction workers don't know the value of these bottles and simply just break them. if you ever visit Belize again send me a message and I would be more than happy to take you on a bottle hunt. so much left to be discovered here.
If the bottles coming out of the ground are good ones, might be worth offering to buy them off the construction workers. That's what the collectors here do. Though you might end up making the construction bosses angry at you if it slows work down too much. In Toronto the workers were eventually banned from stopping to collect bottles if I remember correctly, but not before selling thousands of great bottles to the city's collectors.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Yes indeed, I remember numerous construction sites on my rides to & from the airport.

Thanks for the offer of the bottle hunt!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi