Bottle question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brutalfly

Reaction score
I picked up this bottle yesterday for the #1 reason of it being a neat piece in my eyes and #2 it its a Coke bottle. I only have like 3-5 bottles and when it comes to glass my collection is insulators and really nothing else. I gotta couple questions though. I did a little bit of searching and have come to the conclusion this is from around 1954 and it its a flavor bottle.
So my questions:
1. Is what I came to the conclusion about right?
2. Where else can I find info on this bottle or history of why it was used?
3. I have never seen a bottle like this so is this an uncommon bottle?

I know I don't need to collect any more items but I might add a couple here and there if they are interesting.
20231122_110516.jpg
20231122_110430_HDR.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
You're correct, it's a flavour bottle from 1954. Not really sure what more info there could be out there for you to find, you've got the bottler, year, and contents. You'd need to ask collectors in the Garden City area to know how common it is, since it wouldn't have been used elsewhere. This design presumably would have only been used by that specific Coke franchise, so it's more a local soda bottle than it is a Coke bottle. What stands out to me as unusual is that it doesn't have the bottler's name embossed on the side and also doesn't have a space for a paper label. That's quite unusual, not sure I've ever seen one like that before.

Hezezilla

Reaction score
It's an odd one for sure. Like Canadian suggested, it'd be good to consult local bottle collector's for more specific info. Try looking if you have a local bottle Facebook page. Antiques shows may also be a source of information.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen